1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

...or play as Phoenicia, conquer Vilnius, build a Cothon, and make it your capital.

You will be practically be safe from the AI winning domination victory.

2. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Become their suzerain and do it for them!

You can even build your unique improvements in CS land!

3. anonxanemone

anonxanemone Warlord

Rename the city Ba Sing Se (BSS as the Phoenician TLA do) while you're at it :p

4. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

While on their Worldwide tour, the popular Mayan Rock Band entered a weird location near Istanbul where they had to pass through a strangely sized copy of the Golden Gate Bridge.

RockBand-ON-GoldenGateBridge.png

Our lead singer could only spell out the obvious = "We're gonna need a much smaller van!"

5. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

I have nothing clever to say...

6. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Current game map was quite interesting. My continent entirely went pole to pole, but thankfully after conquering Korea, I found a passage in the middle to make use of.
    Spoiler :

If you look at the minimap, I basically started at the north of this middle continent, then invaded south, and then over to the left side continent. But then there was a decent size island group, so I decided to go after the right continent next. Rather than anything else, I decided to take the shortcut
    Spoiler :

Which dropped me in the southern sea, so just had to float a little north to rejoin the new fleet and air force that my core cities were building. Virtually anywhere you look on the map, you can potentially find a spot for a canal, and more than a few of them are actually useful for navigating between the islands.

Attached Files:

7. Starina

Starina Warlord

This is my start today. In water. Delicious
    Spoiler :

upload_2021-2-19_23-12-44.png

8. Duke William of Normandy

Potential Holy Site and Preserve Combo? Yes, please. :D With this, you could get at max +6 Science +2 Food, +2 Culture +8 Faith, +2 Production, and +2 Gold.

9. Banazir864

Banazir864 Warlord

“Swedish legends tell of how the first Swedes miraculously sprang forth from the waters of the Fountain of Youth.”

10. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Never seen the start on the natural wonder tile. That's different. I think I would probably settle 1W on the Gypsum, and then you could arguably plan for a Preserve maybe on the Copper tile? Although always the tough call - if you work the 4 science/4 faith tile, your city won't grow. But man, that's like tripling your science output if you do run it...

11. Starina

Starina Warlord

Nice map, I like it
    upload_2021-2-20_0-12-46.png

12. Duke William of Normandy

Shame the City-State got there first... :( Side note, The City-States in my game seem to always spawn next to the Natural Wonder for some reason.

13. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I think that's a result of how the algorithms decide starting locations. Players generally don't tend to start too near to natural wonders, so once those spots are assigned, CS get the next picks, and are more likely to get near to them.

Also probably a case where on a standard map, there's 2X more CS than civs, so there's simply a bigger chance that they will start near to them. Never mind that a lot of natural wonder spots don't necessarily make for great city locations, so if CS are spaced out around the map, you're just naturally going to have some nearby.

14. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

It's amazing: I have not once seen that wonder outside of city-state territory. :crazyeye:

15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

If only Spain knew that the fabled city of gold was actually located in present-day Iraq. :lol:

Josephias, Kjimmet, Kimiimaro and 3 others like this.
  16. Vargas1

Vargas1 Prince

I find that choosing Legendary start often leads to CS's spawning next to natural wonders. I don't know what's behind it, but that's been my experience.

17. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

I find that with any kind of Start 25% or more of the City States are either next to or so close to a Wonder that there is no way I can exploit it unless I conquer the City State. Which is a Pain because I generally don't like to attack City States - it seems too much like playing like an AI, and I already have enogh trouble passing those "I am not a Robot" tests . . .

18. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

And I thought I was the only one with this problem.

I do wish players had more chance of starting near natural wonders. Every once in a while it happens to me, but not that often. But sometimes I am able to expand near one. My last game I had to aggressively expand to get Ha Long Bay. And I had to fend of severe loyalty pressure to keep it.

19. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I was going to put a city to use the great barrier reef, but the Netherlands put a city that blocked literally every other tile within reach of the reef, but doesn't reach the reef itself. It's like the least optimal placement possible. Ugh

Attached Files:

20. Starina

Starina Warlord

The legendary location never ceases to amaze
    Spoiler :
    upload_2021-2-20_22-58-58.png

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Guandao, Pfeffersack and God of Kings like this.