• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

There's so much space that Pericles' settler is two tiles away from yours. :lol:

Weird game. Seemed to cause a bug - the settler moved back and forth but the warriors seemed unable to, even to protect the settler. Something similar must have been going on elsewhere on the map - two players died on the same turn a few turns in (Pericles being one of them when I grabbed his settler).

Jadwiga promptly lost her capital - and then Warsaw - to loyalty pressure from me and Germany, the latter wiping her out as Norway had taken her third city.

Also, I think a Huge TSL map should be Huge enough to allow all city-states to be placed in the appropriate spots. I didn't realise Brussels was in Cornwall.

I may actually be able to go for Domination in a 12-civ map - there are 8 or 9 civs left at this point and although Harald's being very stubborn (and has higher tech than I do) at the start of the Renaissance he's just holding his remaining cities rather than being a major threat. He does seem to have finally expanded to Britain so he may have three or four cities left, though. Germany seems short of resources so could be a good next target once my alliance runs out - the only other civs I've so far met are China and Mali. There might be someone in island Southeast Asia or Australia, but I suspect most of the rest are fighting over the Americas and that Africa and mainland Asia are otherwise empty.

Last edited:
Yeah... That map is not for Europe play. See here my screenshots, I could not play more than 4 turns without totally breaking role-play (yes, I selected Gauls for a Modern start, I know).

The civs were entirely random - perhaps there are just too many European civs in the game? Maybe having Macedon and Greece as separate civs wasn't a great plan?

upload_2021-4-25_12-24-17.png

I have a feeling PETA's going to have a fit when my builders are all done...

You'll loose the city once entirely under water and then you can settle the other tile? :/
I hate that thing about settling on flooded tiles! It's really stupid the way it is, if it's intended it should at least display a warning when settling.

I don't think so - the damaged city center tile is still protected from submerging completely by being a city. It is sad that this issue doesn't get fixed despite being reported a while ago:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/1-0-0-341-building-a-new-city-on-a-flooded-coastline.653865/

---

We all know the tendency of the barb mode causing "polar station CSs" - but just don't think that you can evade bad placement by playing maps without polar terrain like TSL Mediterranean...
Spoiler :

NEcornerVaticanCity.jpg

Sometimes patches break the Historic Moments from older savefiles, making the Babylonian history pretty intriguing.
20210425192009_1a.jpg

Statue of Zeus is apparently Babylon's unique infastracture - which I never built.
20210425192027_1a.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent choice, Kupe... excellent choice!

I put him in my TSL huge Earth game. What a disappointment he is. He just chooses the first possible spot without looking around first. He didn't even go for New Zealand, though New Zealand is a bit weak on Firaxis huge Earth map, but at least it would have been better than the 1 tile island he chose.

He ended up in my Mediterranean map game as well. I went with random civs since I wasn't using the TSL option since I was playing Khmer. He chose to settle in England, and also across the water in the Belgium area. He just recently put one city in Northern Spain which he'll probably lose on loyalty at some point to the Babylonians (who ended up in Spain).

Actually saw the AI take a free city (for the first time, I think) in Dramatic Ages yesterday. (This was a test with @Infixo 's "Real Strategy", which is a bit out of date but worked quite well here. Look at the army strength! Also used other mods here, so take it with a grain of salt.)
Germany completely fell apart in the middle of a continent, and I watched the surrounding powers agonizingly tiptoeing around the free cities for an age or two, seemingly not noticing that their units were getting shot at by the city centres. (They were all in dark ages at the same time, so the free cities stayed stable for a while)

In the left picture it looks like the Chinese (or Monty) will take over a very weak Berlin in two or three turns, but they managed to waffle around for 10 more turns before finally taking on the city (which was weak and needed about three shots). They then immediately razed it and, somewhat impressively, bought the nitre tile next to it. (They have even brought a builder!)

So they can do it, it's just that the strategy trigger to do it very rarely fires (they got hungry for nitre here). I used to think free cities are simply invisible to the AI...

Attachments

• 20210425144551_1.jpg
    20210425144551_1.jpg
    915.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210425144823_1.jpg
    20210425144823_1.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 67
I don't think so - the damaged city center tile is still protected from submerging completely by being a city. It is sad that this issue doesn't get fixed despite being reported a while ago:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/1-0-0-341-building-a-new-city-on-a-flooded-coastline.653865/

---

We all know the tendency of the barb mode causing "polar station CSs" - but just don't think that you can evade bad placement by playing maps without polar terrain like TSL Mediterranean...

Ah yes, the quiet and creepy kid in classes

Sometimes patches break the Historic Moments from older savefiles, making the Babylonian history pretty intriguing.
View attachment 594911

Statue of Zeus is apparently Babylon's unique infastracture - which I never built.
View attachment 594912
Ah yes I remember learning about the fearsome Babylonian Caroleans and how they built the Statue of Zeus, because apparently the Hanging Gardens were actually in Nineveh. :mischief:

Excellent choice, Kupe... excellent choice!

I really hope he doesn't build anything on that desert tile until he unlocks Radio because I think it would be a great seaside resort. :lol:

I really hope he doesn't build anything on that desert tile until he unlocks Radio because I think it would be a great seaside resort. :lol:
When did the Maori take over Dubai? :mischief:

When did the Maori take over Dubai? :mischief:
Well artificial palm islands would make the city a lot better.
It's really the only reason why I want it as a city-state now. :mischief:

Ah yes I remember learning about the fearsome Babylonian Caroleans and how they built the Statue of Zeus, because apparently the Hanging Gardens were actually in Nineveh. :mischief:

He planted a campus on it :)

Top Bottom