Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

You could, ah, change the management at La Vents.

Rather stupidly, before investigating how come La Venta "owned a settler already" ... I invested time and effort into becoming suzerain of both. It could still be done, because La Venta would join my war against Chinguetta and (presumably!) capture that settler, then I could attack La Venta and get it back .. but this far into the game I think I would lose more by burning all my envoys, then a new settler is worth.

Would be fun to mountain tunnel into it late for a free settler. Although especially as Portugal, Chinguetti is more valuable alive than as a new city I think, so I would just enjoy there never being any competition for it unless if someone else takes control of La Venta.
I suppose once I get the tech, i could open the tunnel for them to get out and settle somewhere, but there might not be anywhere left by then!

Rather stupidly, before investigating how come La Venta "owned a settler already" ... I invested time and effort into becoming suzerain of both. It could still be done, because La Venta would join my war against Chinguetta and (presumably!) capture that settler, then I could attack La Venta and get it back .. but this far into the game I think I would lose more by burning all my envoys, then a new settler is worth.
One remote possibility would be DOW Chinguetti and hope that La Venta captures the settler, and then, eventually walks it into a barb rich environment, so that barbs would capture it and then you would finally be free to take possession of it.
Can anybody suggest an even more convoluted plan? :)

I think if a CS captures a settler, the unit is destroyed, no?
No, or at least they didn't used to. I've seen city-states capture barbarian Settlers and just wander the map with them since they can't settle a second city. It's kind of frustrating; I think those Settlers should either auto-convert to a Builder or else be auto-donated to the city-state's suzerain (or next suzerain if they don't have one).

No, or at least they didn't used to. I've seen city-states capture barbarian Settlers and just wander the map with them since they can't settle a second city. It's kind of frustrating; I think those Settlers should either auto-convert to a Builder or else be auto-donated to the city-state's suzerain (or next suzerain if they don't have one).

Yeah, I've declared wars on city states to steal settlers they stole and then immediately peaced (or as soon as you can). It's like stealing your first worker in civ 5 all over again

I guess it's to give players a chance to get back settlers they lose to city states? For new players that could happen pretty easily I guess.

I guess it's to give players a chance to get back settlers they lose to city states? For new players that could happen pretty easily I guess.
Reminds me of one game where China declared war on me, but China was completely surrounded by city-states I was suzerain of. It was hilarious to watch city after city get razed without having to do anything. :lol:

Reminds me of one game where China declared war on me, but China was completely surrounded by city-states I was suzerain of. It was hilarious to watch city after city get razed without having to do anything. :lol:

I dunno if it was just me but in the vanilla switch version city states seemed to build ludicrous amounts of units. I'd find mid-sized island city states that had every hex filled with units. Watching Gorgo get crushed by a random city state she declared on was memorable...

CS might be more effective at what they (want to) do once they focus on it, just as barbs are, than AI, as they have less / simpler objectives.

I dunno if it was just me but in the vanilla switch version city states seemed to build ludicrous amounts of units. I'd find mid-sized island city states that had every hex filled with units. Watching Gorgo get crushed by a random city state she declared on was memorable...
They must have free units then (I mean no maintenance), otherwise I don't see how that economy can be sustainable?

They must have free units then (I mean no maintenance), otherwise I don't see how that economy can be sustainable?

For sure. I need to see if I can find some of the screenshots I took... An entire island of buenos aires catapults was notable..

Apologies for the poor quality, it was a photo of a switch screen... This seemed like an excessive amount of catapults for a CS to support, no?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720-075846_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720-075846_Gallery.jpg
    989.3 KB · Views: 165
Apologies for the poor quality, it was a photo of a switch screen... This seemed like an excessive amount of catapults for a CS to support, no?
From what I can see, the upkeep would be 41g (20 cats at 2g, plus one chariot at 1g). That's not particularly hard depending on the era, but I'm not seeing much in the way of development. A trader plus 1 plantation, so 1g for the plantation plus the trader. I doubt he's bringing in 40g+.

Maybe someone else who is better than me can spot something else, but I don't see how he's supporting that army.

From what I can see, the upkeep would be 41g (20 cats at 2g, plus one chariot at 1g). That's not particularly hard depending on the era, but I'm not seeing much in the way of development. A trader plus 1 plantation, so 1g for the plantation plus the trader. I doubt he's bringing in 40g+.

Maybe someone else who is better than me can spot something else, but I don't see how he's supporting that army.

I don't think I saw this on later switch versions once the expansions were out. So while it's a funny screenshot I think it's a fixed problem...

Joao: "And I will call this great body of water... Funchal Bay!"
Cartographer: "Um, what?"
Joao: "No questions please."
Cartographer: "But Funchal is, well it's way over there. Shouldn't this be Porto Bay or something?"
Joao: ....
Cartographer: "No, you're right, sounds good to me, great choice."

Sounds like something from Mitchell and Webb : D

Top Bottom