Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Sadly I failed to capture this live, but it was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.

On turn 3, a barbarian camp appears directly next to the nearest tribal village.

On turn 4, meteorites fall from the sky and OBLITERATE the barbarian camp.

(Oh yeah, and Paîtiti was a couple turns walk away.)
I guess that's one way to get an early heavy chariot. :)

Isn't it a bore when you realise you left the crampons at home? and you left the fire extinguisher as well...

1703437933937.png

I don't think this will go down very well in the western hemisphere...

1703872041320.png

It appears Washington is now a city-state!

I've never seen this before, but suspect that rather than a bug it's a "feature" of Barbarian Camps. There is an unusually large number of extant city-states in this game, and I'm guessing that all genuine city-state names have been taken, so the latest camp to evolve into a vity-state has taken the capital of an unused civ in the game. For info, you can sent a trade route to it, but not an envoy.

View attachment 680924

I've never seen this before, but suspect that rather than a bug it's a "feature" of Barbarian Camps. There is an unusually large number of extant city-states in this game, and I'm guessing that all genuine city-state names have been taken, so the latest camp to evolve into a vity-state has taken the capital of an unused civ in the game. For info, you can sent a trade route to it, but not an envoy.
very interesting! Especially how you can't send Envoys to it.

Though, I must critique the Barbarian's choice of city-state type. Militarist would have fit Washington a lot better ;)

Reactions: PiR

View attachment 680924

Huh? Does Washington have its own city-state emblem or is that a generic one?

Could be Kandy took over Washington before being taken over itself.
(can't raze capitals so...)

I've seen that rarely in Civ 5, but not in 6 yet. (I have seen a CS wipe out nearby cities though)

Fire up firetuner and see what the original owner of washington is/was?

Could be Kandy took over Washington before being taken over itself.
City States can't capture cities; Capitals can't be razed - immovable force meet irresistible object!!

IMG_0346.jpeg

I thought this was funny because it's extremely rare for the AI to actually build the Panama canal in a decent spot. It helps I played the huge Earth map, I haven't played this map in many years since I usually go random. And I had Dido in the game. Even better I have my unique improvement on both the start and end of the canal.

Of course Dido had no Navy, so it was no use to her. Only AI with any Navy that I can recall was the Aztecs. But it was nice to see the canal in a useful spot. Another bonus in this game was the AI also put the city in the correct spot in Panama for a "canal" there as well. I ended up conquering that Inca city since I went to war with Inca to get a wonder I wanted. Very rare to play an Earth map and be able to traverse both Panama and the Suez area.

Top Bottom