Civ VI is NOW PRELOADING.

I am pre-loading now.

Always hate pre-loads, the game is ready, sitting on my disk, unlikely to be changed - "WHY CAN'T I PLAY IT DAMMIT!"

Hmm any chance I will receive a physical copy on Thursday? Shoot I should've stuck with digital haha
I expect my physical copy on Friday or Saturday latest. No way to preload if you haven't bought on-line, is there? I mean, in the end the game will be linked to Steam anyway.

I expect my physical copy on Friday or Saturday latest. No way to preload if you haven't bought on-line, is there? I mean, in the end the game will be linked to Steam anyway.

Some retailers will send you the code. Honestly though it isn't very common in my experience. Not sure exactly but my guess is that the publisher would have to send them a code list that matches serial box numbers which may be a lot of hassele and prone to many errors where the wrong code goes out locking products and whatnot.

OK, are there any soundtrack files in the Civ VI folder that you can share?

Some retailers will send you the code.

The code is in the box. Are they going to open it for you or what? NO, they will not send any codes.

No, it seems to be all encoded in the C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\depotcache folder.

If true, it is truly DISSAPOINTING! Yeah, MODDING will be the best...

Can't even see the filenames?
Sadly, no. I have 14 files in that folder. One is named "289071_depotcache_1.csd". The others are similarly cryptic.

EDIT: the 14 files in total are 3.9 GB. I am sure that will expand once the game goes live ...

Do you know how it is? 3,9gb is downloaded, 12gb or more free space on hard disk is in system requirements. We download compressed data and/or there will be some extra download before game starts?

Looks like those who ordered from cdkeys.com won't get to preload until Wednesday at the very earliest.

Regardless of what they have been told about preload the stock reply is 1 day before release.

Top Bottom