Civ1 Units for Civ3! Give your game that retro look!!!

Sims2789

Fool me once...
Ever wanted to know what Civ1 units looked like? Well, know you can! Just download them and follow the instructions on the README file. You''ll still need to use the Civ3 Editor to put them into your game.

Compalibility: This Mod works with both vanilla Civ3 and PTW.

Version 1.0 was downloaded 25 times.
Current Version: 1.1

I have added a .BIC file so that you don't have to go through the hassel of manually adding units. The file uses the Civ3+ rules.

Attachments

• civ1_units_by_sims2789.zip
    42.3 KB · Views: 306
Screenshot
Sorry if the screenshot is a little blurry, they won't be like that in the game.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU:goodjob::worship:
Now I'm going to do my Civ1 mod for PTW (and working too;) )

I have Civ 1 but the units in my game doesn't have those graphics. Is there another version of Civ 1?

They are from the better version, DOS version.

EDIT: To Sims
You're still missing Cruiser, Nuclear, Trireme, Cannon, Artillery, Transport, Submarine, Carrier, Riflemen.

Originally posted by Ville
They are from the better version, DOS version.

EDIT: To Sims
You're still missing Cruiser, Nuclear, Trireme, Cannon, Artillery, Transport, Submarine, Carrier, Riflemen.

And Fighter

I just installed civ1 the other day and played it using a dos emulator called dosbox. Man, civ1 rocks! But there are a few things than are really annoying:

- Unability to change civ colors so you have a choice to play a game with modern civs only or ancient;
- Badly balanced governments;
- Loose one unit = loose the whole stack;
And a few other ones

But there are some things that are really cool:
- The "leaderheads" with the advisors on the back and the music that goes with them (one for each civ);
- The unit support thing, depending what government you have and how many units you built in the city, one unit costs one shield to maintain it, so you can build so many units, I think thats a hell of a lot better than the civ3 system;
- The simple but good looking city views and their use when a city falls into civil disorder or is captured;
And some other things.

i buried civ1 a long time ago when i finally got civ2... i dont really feel like looking back on the dark ages.

those pictures bring back dark memories. just looking at them makes me feal strange.:eek:

Funny, how things work out...
I bought SimCity several years ago, hardly noticing that another CD case was packaged with it. When I had problems playing SimCity on my outdated computer, I stuck this other game in to see if it was worth playing- My eternal addiction to Civilization was born. Yes, those were the days....

So many days has gone ...

So many games has been played ...

But Civ1 ist still there ... :love:

:goodjob:

Could you make a version of the Retro Civ1 units for Vanilla CivIII? I see those units and remember spending a lot of time playing the DOS CivIII on a 286 I used to have. I now have a Pentium that is way too powerful for me to ever be able to run the original. So, please, as long as you are doing one for PTW could you do one for Vanilla Civ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'd really, really appreciate it if you did. :lol: :lol: I take off my :cool: to you.

how about CIV II now, thats what i started on, even if it was the Playstation version :grumble:

Originally posted by Healz
Could you make a version of the Retro Civ1 units for Vanilla CivIII? I see those units and remember spending a lot of time playing the DOS CivIII on a 286 I used to have. I now have a Pentium that is way too powerful for me to ever be able to run the original. So, please, as long as you are doing one for PTW could you do one for Vanilla Civ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'd really, really appreciate it if you did. :lol: :lol: I take off my :cool: to you.

they can be used for Vanilla Civ3. they do not replace the original(Civ3-style) files and need to be manually added to the game with the editor.

Top Bottom