Civ3 and Windows10: Problem with the Labels

Hunterkiller

Chieftain
Hello,

I have the Problem that the Labels of Civ3 on Windows10 are not correct. Can somebody send me the Labels.txt File, which shows the Correct Labels for Civ3 under Windows10?

I have read that the Steamversion of Civ3 has a corrected Labels.txt File for Windows10? Can somebody share this File with me?

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 40
You can go into your .../Civ3/Conquests/Text folder, and edit the labels.txt file yourself. Just open the file in any text-editor, and scroll down until you find the lines "PING" and "Host".

For a Steam-based installation, there needs to be an additional line "Unknown" in between the lines "PING" and "Host".

Once you add that line and save the file, your Start-Menu buttons (and everything else in-game) should show the correct labels.

Thank you for your help Tjs282.

I edited the Labels.txt File and the Civ3-Labels look better now, but it is still not perfect.
I placed 3 Placeholder Lines between "Firaxis Games is a trademark of Firaxis Games, Inc." and "Colony" in the Labels.txt File.

I use the CD-Version of Civ3, not the Steam-Version.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 34
Strange: I've been playing for years on Win7, shortly on Win10 and now on Win11, and never noticed this bug?! I'm using the "Chronicles of Civilization" CD from 2009.

Top Bottom