Civ3 Murphy's Laws

Pentium

Digital Matter
1. The Pyramids and Great Library are always build on another continent.

2. If you offer everything you can offer for a tech that will give you parity, the advisor says "We're getting close to a deal here"

3. When you're selling your only source of a useless resource to a stronger civ to keep it from attacking, it will run out 2 turns before the deal ends.

4. Of course, it will reappear right next to that civ's capital.

5. Suicide galleys always sink when they see borders but can't make contact yet.

6. The chances of an enemy Spearman defeating your Tank are inversely proportional to the number of tanks you have.

7. The last attacking unit you brought will redline the last defening unit they have.

8. There's no such thing as a RoP with Ghandi.

9. You decide to create a thread about all the stuff that bothers you with the RNG, and a mod comes along and closes it.

10. You appeal to the mod, and get banned for it.

11. After consideration, and the promise of sending much beer to said mod, the thread is reopened.

9. (real point) Your sacrifice to the (P)RNG is often in vain.

10 Someone will always beat you to that wonder you absolutely need by 1 turn
11 The AI's Spearmen will beat your Tanks, but your Spearman will never beat their's.
12 The AI will always made a demand at the exact moment you don't want them to
13 The AI's Settler will always beat you to the spot your Settler was heading to by 1 turn
14 Your Scout will always run into a Barbarian Camp
15 The AI is going to beat you to that goody hut

(I was so scared to post here after seing Turner's post... ;))

16. A civ will always beat you to Philosophy by 1 turn.

17. If they're behind in techs, they will sell it around immediately, so you don't get a chance of a n-fer.

18. If they're leading in techs, you won't be able to buy it (see law #2)

19. Barbarian hordes always come when you don't want them to come.

21. Iron Working reveals Iron in everyone's land but yours.
22. Polite AIs declare war on you at the most inconvenient time possible.
23. Whatever you've brought in a Stack of Doom is just one short of what you actually need to win the battle (this may be a repeat, sorry).
24. A captured city will flip RIGHT AFTER you decide it's safe to heal your three armies there.
25. The AI on whom you were depending to join you in a war will declare on you the turn before you are about to attack.

21: The player who leaves a resource disconected in order to mass-upgrade units at half cost after building Leo's Workshop will miss that wonder by one turn.

22 The only city eligible for Iron Works will also be your most corrupt

Hey, Desertsnow, sorry dude! Beat you to it!

28. Your neighbours will ALWAYS be Monty:mad: and Shaka:mad: :mad: :mad: .

Pentium said:
8. There's no such thing as a RoP with Ghandi.
I played against Ghandi once, and I don't remember something justifying or explaining this law.

(It was my first game and I didn't know about RoP-rape. After I had learned a few things about ROP deals, he would of course not have any ROP with me. :p )

30. You are the Romans when you have no Iron. Next time, you are the Iroquois with no horses. Next time, you're the Ottomans with no saltpeter. The time after that, you are the Germans with no Oil.

31. You have 1 source of iron as Rome, when it relocates to your neighbour, Persia, which already has 3 iron.

32. You always start surrounded by Germany, Zululand or Mongolia, and Ghandi is on the other continent (with nukes in the AA)

Twonky said:
30. When going for a 20k-victory, you reach 19.999 culture the turn before you win.
31. When going for a 20k-victory, you reach 19.999 culture the turn before you lose.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
22 The only city eligible for Iron Works will also be your most corrupt

32. Your Coal resource is one tile outside of your borders with Iron right next to the city.

33 That volcano will always erupt onto your city
34 You will never get a MGL when you want one
35 The best start of your entire life will be completely surrounded by miles and miles of desert.

36. You run your loaded carrier over a foreign submarine. Because you are already at war, you get no choice to reconsider.

37. Same as 36, but instead of a carrier it's a transport with two armies with modern armor.

Lesson just learned. :ack:

38. When a city builds a pollution-reducing improvement, it will celebrate the achievement by polluting a mountain tile.

39. You play an online game for 48 hours straight, and when you have about 1000 units in your stack of death and you´re just about to launch the attack, the game crashes, and all players have turned off the autosave option to have a better gameplay.

40. Because of .39, you´ve skipped going to your brother´s wedding that was going to happen in that 48h period

Top Bottom