Civ3 on Xbox?

no.

It is very possible.
The Xbox has Rollercoaster Tycoon, Commandos, etc. so it could happen. It would be pretty tricky to play though, IMO.

Since Civ3 *can* be played with just the keybord it would only need a minimal adaptation. Remember Civ1 was available on one of the consoles (not sure if it was Nintendo or Genesis).

Except that the X-Box has no keyboard...

Civ 2 was available on the Playstation. Civ 1 on the SNES, maybe on Genesis too. The SNES version is the one that introduced me to the series.

Originally posted by warpstorm

It is easy enough to go out and buy a keyboard for it though.

an xbox has a keyboard?! i thought it didnt

Perfect, a Civ3 for X-box. Microsoft doesn't make enough money selling us flawed software at outrageous prices. Now they're trying to take over Nintendo in the video game business.

I gotta admit that Civ on a normal console would kinda suck, just because of the text and the normal distance from the tv and all that. What I would really want though, is Civ for the Game Boy, even though the screen is small and everything, the main thing is its portability.

Originally posted by Lumin

It is easy enough to go out and buy a keyboard for it though.

I wouldn't bet on it. I tried to get a XBOX to usb (female connection) cable, to try my mouse on it. I had a game called Championship manager, soccer; which uses a mouse type cursor to move about the screen. Did not work :(

Originally posted by trumpeteer
Perfect, a Civ3 for X-box. Microsoft doesn't make enough money selling us flawed software at outrageous prices. Now they're trying to take over Nintendo in the video game business.

Ridiculous statement [punch]

Originally posted by warpstorm

I didn't talk of a keyboard on the XBOX, I meant that since everything is doable on the keyboard it could be adapted to the gamepad.

I guess the discussion wasn't about the fact that Microsoft was making money out of the XBOX. No one has proposed that you buy a XBOX.

CIV III on a Gameboy? Talk about feeding the addiction! :) I'd never get anything done at work.

Originally posted by Tom|420

I didn't talk of a keyboard on the XBOX, I meant that since everything is doable on the keyboard it could be adapted to the gamepad.

A gamepad is a far different beast than a keyboard. A keyboard has over 100 keys + shift, ctrl, and alt combos. An X-Box game pad has 6 normal buttons (8 if you count start and back) and two triggers (Plus 3 directional controllers).

I absolutely hate having to "type" on it using the on-screen keyboards.

Playstation edged out Nintendo with the PS2, the game cube can't hold its own against the PS2 or the Xbox.

Seems most games that get converted to other platforms get ruined. Hopefully, Civ with stay PC only.

Just my thoughts,

Riccett

i think it would be awesome it would be faster and other benefits bout you couldn't use the expansions:(

Top Bottom