• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ4 v1.61 PBEM (Title pending)

you havent confirmed yourself!
Make sure you do:lol:

I did already. ;)

We are playing normal speed if everyone is ok with that.

I've sent you all a mail with the details of each player. As soon as we decide the number of AI's and the type of map we can go.

Here are my more specific preferences with regards to the game setup.

1. Barbarians ?: Normal or No Barbarians (Sorry, I'm not a fan of raging barbarians. Yes, I know they are annoying & overbearing, but that's just me & they're not fun.)
  2. Maps: Random? I'm open to any map---but my favorite is Archipelago/Chained-Continents for long games.
  3. AIs: Random? If Large map, maybe 1-2 AI civs. If Huge map, pick your poison---my rule of thumb is usually 1.5X or 2X the amount of human players playing. So since there is 6 of us, another 9 or 12 AI civs maybe? :D
  4. AI Level: Prince

* If the map becomes a Huge one, I'd like to change to either George Washington/America or Victoria/England... please. :D

Muchas gracias for setting things up Tar-Mithanga! :goodjob:

Anyone else?

The idea is making everyone as comfortable as posible.
So you don't cry when I end up beating you all. Mwahahahaha.

1. Barbs: A non-problem on Archipelago, I think. Maybe even on Snakey Continents. Raging Barbs on archipelago may actually be the only way we'll see some Barb cities. However, I can go without.
2. Maps: If we chose a Map with sparse Land (Archipelago, maybe Snakey Continents, I haven't played that often) Sea Level Medium or even better Low would be nice. Little sucks more than being totally isolated until compass comes around.
3. Sure, fill 'em up!
4. It has been said.

Muchas gracias for setting things up Tar-Mithanga!
Seconded :D

Thanks... but I don't know if 7 players is a good idea. 5 player games are already slow.

I'd add you, let's wait to see what the rest have to say. ok?

BTW. I would need to know if any of you wants a different name for your civ or title or anything else.

On a huge map it may be months before we meet. So 18 civs :6 human 12 AI. Any style and any barb lvl is fine with me.

And thanks for kicking this off Tar-M

Yeah, I guess we're full with 6, it's already a big deal.

12 AI's sounds like fun (Prince is fine too), as for barbs I don't mind raging or not. I like barbs though :p

Is there a Snakey Continents Random Generator, or are you guys suggesting a pre-set map with pre-set resources and everything ? Cause I really like the random and unknown factor, wich is why I dislike pre-set maps. Thinking Fractal is as close to a mix of Continents and Islands as we can get, I would go for that.

As a side note, it would be quite fun and interesting having everyone go Random, otherwise I'll just go Spain.

So we've got 2 people voting for Random Civs now?

I can actually go either way. On the one hand I chose Asoka so as not to totally suck on my first multiplayer with total strangers, on the other hand the suspense of who I'll get apeal to me :)

Ok. So let me see if I got this right.

- indianer: Asoka of India, GMT+1.
- g_storrow: Random of Random Civ, GMT.
- Spuma: Isabel of Spain, GMT-3.
- erikthecelt: Frederick of Germany, GMT-5.
- Tar-Mithanga: Elizabeth of England, GMT-6.
- Fuel68: Washington of America, GMT-8.

- Normal Barbs.
- Huge Map. Fractal. Random starts.
- Speed: Normal
- AI's: 12. Standard Attitudes. Random.
- Level: Prince.
- Game style: Free for all, all conventional victories allowed.

If this is right (and no one has a valid reason not to) then I'll kick the game in tommorrow morning, sending it to Indianer.

One last thing... Are you changing your leader names (like maybe your nicks) or will you keep the standard leader names.

Regarding names, whichever makes it easier for T-M to track me. Standard is fine. Custom is fine. :D

My leader's name can be Óscar Sánchez :pPP Nahh, just messing with you, host :D

Or Spuma. If everyone else goes standard though, put me standard.

Yeah, standard is fine :p

You're meaning Oscar Arias Sanchez... [offtopic]

And yeah... let's keep out of game politics out of this. Better for all. :hmm:

That's fine with all the set ups.

Does anyone know how to set up gmail for the automatic turns?

I am playing a few games and can't get it to work for the SMTP. Very annoying.

Not me... I havn't managed to figure out how to change the order so I don't go first. So I'm setting up the game, playing and passing it to Fuel.

I would ask you to post that famous GPS here on the thread, meaning "Got it, Played it and Sent it". This makes it very easy to notice when the game gets stuck and exactly where it did.

Also, try putting on small passwords. I don't know if you would rather send them to me now in case of a leaving, or if you prefer me spamming your mail 'till you release it once you leave the game.

Top Bottom