• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ4 v1.61 PBEM (Title pending)

Don't know... never played CIV MP before... I'm learning on the road here.

TM,

You will need to re-email me WITH the Civ game-file from the PBEM subfolder in the game. If you're having trouble locating it, the game-file is usually located in 'My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Saves/PBEM/<default name or title of game>.

Usually when in the game and you're finished with your turn & you're ready to forward the turn to me, you need to either place your SMTP information OR email me the Civ game file. Unless there are experts out there who know how to obtain SMTP information from 'public' email services like gmail or hotmail, you'll need to email & attach game-file.

Your SMTP is usually email/IP information given by your ISP for use with your Microsoft Outlook (email) program---that's IF you are using your ISP's email directly and using MS Outlook for example. So unless you have knowledge of this kind of stuff, you will be like me... Sending the game file as an attachment.

Let me know how it goes with you TM.

I thought the admin had a master password, so he could break in any password a leaver may have left. Anyways, glad it has started, awaiting anxiously to see my starting location :)

I have had the same assumption also in several of the games I have participated in already. The Game Creator usually is in charge of ALL passwords for the sake of the whole group in case someone drops the game. I dont know exactly how that happens as I have never started a game. :p And dont worry TM, 'Learning on the fly' is not a problem... just ask if you have any concerns or questions. I am sure someone out there will have an answer if we cannot figure things out & get stuck. :goodjob:

There... anybody can forget to attach a file. It's not the end of the world, right? :p

Got it & thanks TM---dont worry, we wont mention you're forgetful. The "end of the world" remains to be seen & as such, ...is in progress. :p Initial Turn, 4000BC is completed and forwarded to indianer.

"The File you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your mod folder have not been changed"

Then the game simply exits. Very peculiar. I'll try and see if it's the Blue Marble terrain I've installed. Next I'll reinstall the game. Unless anyone knows what the problem is, exactly.

GPS to g_storrow

I had to completely reinstall C-IV. Also, I'm currently playing with Blue Marble turned off, because I fear that is the reason it wouldn't work. :/

The Chosen have wandered this sacred Land for time immemorial. The Chosen must always wander this sacred Land, lest the spirits be displeased and destroy us. That's what Gandhi said, our Sage and Chief... until recently. However, the Spirits have spoken to me. They have told me, indianer, that they are displeased with us. With Gandhi, who has become complacent in his ways, and lost respect for the everchanging will of the spirits. Thus, I contended his rule. I won over the Tribe, and finally, I am chief, and sage. To lead our people down a glorious new path.
The spirits have shown me a vision. A holy place, where the Chosen dwell, instead of eternally wandering. A home.

Indianer, try to make a copy of your fresh install Civ folder, then install your mod in that folder and maybe it will let you play with the mod while having another exe for playing with us.

Some games allow that trick when you want to install multiple mods and/or have vanilla also. Not sure how it goes with Civ but I guess it's worth the try.

EDIT.: By the way, what does this mod do ?

The evil thing about Blue Marble,a s far as I can see, is that it doesn't follow the standard modding directories, but simply replaces C-IVs terrrain graphics with new ones (made from the NASA Blue Marble Project Satelite Photos).

Even worse, I don't know how to make it affect only one folder, since the install script looks for the places it needs to install on its own, without the option to unselect parts. The way it works is: DL the file, start the script, chose detailed or simple terrain, it tells you which files will be replaced, it replaces them (for both C-IV and Warlords), next time you start (or maybe after a reboot, I'm not sure) you've got slightly more realistic graphics for terrain.

By the way, now that I've reinstalled C-IV, it seems my language is reset to German. Not the text, you can change that, but the sound. Guess it's time for another reinstall... *sigh*

Edit: to check out Blue Marble screenshots, look for it on the Civfanatics home page

Ok... I'd like if you could post the GPS in any case.

lurker's comment: saw you had a discussion about drop out passwords.
if you want to, i can keep those for you.
if you decide you want to, PM me with the GAME, Nation, Player name, PASSWORD.
cheers,

(g_storrow GPS'd to me)

GPS to erik

Is changing the game's name as easy as renaming the save file ? Could be, instead of Title_Pending, just TP, or TM (reference to game starter :p), so we have a smaller file name.

Game name changed to TP then. Spul is of total trust, if you want you can give him the passwords for keeping.

GPS 2 Fuel

Top Bottom