Civ5 Anticipation. Mapmaking.

Thanks !

I'm a bit disapointed. Have I been the only one that drew maps beforehand?

By the way, Niptium, I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving to get Civ V (that's when the current quarter ends). So, that hex version of your map won't be done for a while.

I wonder if it's possible to include a few of these (awesome) maps in a map "type" (Niptium's maps) which isn't actually scripted, just picks one of these maps randomly and spreads players+resources around it, so there's still some unexpected elements but you're playing on interesting and balanced maps....

Thanks !

I'm a bit disapointed. Have I been the only one that drew maps beforehand?
I also do. This site lets you customize & dl PDFs of all kinds of graphs & grids. I've used it to overlay tile grids on map images for C3C. I like doing it this way because I create different scales of grids & think about how the map would play out at various sizes. They have a page of hex-grid generators. There is also this site which hosts a generator with more features (including printed coordinates), but I haven't used it.

I also do. This site lets you customize & dl PDFs of all kinds of graphs & grids. I've used it to overlay tile grids on map images for C3C. I like doing it this way because I create different scales of grids & think about how the map would play out at various sizes. They have a page of hex-grid generators. There is also this site which hosts a generator with more features (including printed coordinates), but I haven't used it.

Interesting... I'll have to keep those in mind myself. The only problem that I have is knowing exactly how many tiles make up the different map sizes. I like to use CC Pro and Fractal Terrains from ProFantasy. I just have to figure out the best way to color the maps and key them. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure it all out in the next few days.

In C3C days a forum member made us a little utility called bmp2bic. Make a bitmap with a specific 16-color palette (terrain defined by RGB) run it through the utility and out came a bic ready for the editor. Hopefully one of our genii will provide something equally useful for CiV.

Top Bottom