civ5.flexd.net - view and share your replays online

It's back up!

It's alive and kicking, have fun using it.. I will be pushing some updates the next day too I think.

Thanks to awesome moderators (The_J) this thread now has a new title that should reflect it's content better.
Thinking of adding more stuff to the site, we are about to round 1000 parsed replays :)!

Gonna try it with my first 3v3 cooperative game from last week, so my friends and I can give each other tips. Looking forward to it!

The site is in a read-only cached mode until Monday due to scheduled power outages where it's hosted. My friend is on vacation so he won't be able to turn stuff on again until he gets back.

Anyway I've noticed there's a new patch out that implements replays in-game now so I'm not sure I will be keeping my service up, unless there is demand for it.

Good for the community but less good for me, I need a new project.

Have a good week o/

The site is in a read-only cached mode until Monday due to scheduled power outages where it's hosted. My friend is on vacation so he won't be able to turn stuff on again until he gets back.

Anyway I've noticed there's a new patch out that implements replays in-game now so I'm not sure I will be keeping my service up, unless there is demand for it.

Good for the community but less good for me, I need a new project.

Have a good week o/

it's too bad. your implementation is better than the new replay feature.

which is really sad, since they stole other less useful things before.

It's still better? Well perhaps people are still interested in me keeping it up then.

I'm not going to take it down unless I actually see a significant decrease in visitors, I like playing with it.

I have considered adding a social side to the site though, allowing you to login with Facebook or Twitter (or something else?), having the replays attached to that user so you can easily keep track of your own replays.

Internal commenting tied to those users and a bunch of things like that maybe.

And whatever else fun things I can think of.. Guess someone might like sharing replays on Facebook or Twitter? :)

I hear so little back from the community so I don't really know what people want, just playing with different technology really.

Does this work with replays from the latest patch? I got this error on mine:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "lib/parser/civ5replay.py", line 1904, in replay = Civ5Replay(args[0]) File "lib/parser/civ5replay.py", line 1282, in __init__ self.read_header() File "lib/parser/civ5replay.py", line 1331, in read_header self.difficulty = difficulty_strings[self.difficulty_level] IndexError: list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last): File "lib/parser/civ5replay.py", line 1904, in replay = Civ5Replay(args[0]) File "lib/parser/civ5replay.py", line 1282, in __init__ self.read_header() File "lib/parser/civ5replay.py", line 1331, in read_header self.difficulty = difficulty_strings[self.difficulty_level] IndexError: list index out of range

Same. Bummer! :( My replay file was over 6MB though, so that might have something to do with it, lol.

Its not showing the map for me, just the cities and the empires expanding.

I believe you have to upload the map file separately. You can export the map by loading the save game, selecting save, and clicking the save map button second from the lower left.

The replay size should not matter. I'll look into it and perhaps MouseyPounds will too since he fixed it last time :)

A little update

As for failing replays: The new replay format is drastically changed from the old one so it might not be possible to parse them without significantly redoing the script.

On the other hand visitor stats have dropped nearly 50% so by the time Ill have it fixed you won't be using it any more.

Also I just discovered that for unknown reasons the machine hosting all this has suddenly died, I'm working on getting it back :)

I actually went to Cyprus for a week on the 29th, back now and it seems back up. Was some issues with the internet I guess. Good there is no SLA? :D

It's getting to a point where more replays fail parsing than they succeed, I'm not going to take it down (because it costs me nothing to keep it up) but it will not work with the latest games now :)

Hi there! The host machine for the virtual machines were having some problems so it died.

Lost an SSD and such. Anyway at the moment (as you can see) the website is "down" (i.e if you go /replays it will still work). I am moving away from these three virtual machines to a single one. There's some setup needed and I am changing a few things :)

Since the visitor stats kept dropping I just assumed nobody was using it ;)

Top Bottom