CIV6 Display glitch

lapinet

Chieftain
Hi,

I have a weird display glitch with constant erratic lines popping up all directions. I tried many different video configurations from all minimum to all maximum and different resolutions without any impact on the issue.
I updated my graphics card driver to latest version as well.
I am copying below a screenshot to illustrate the issue.
My configuration is above the minimum:
- RAM : 4 Go
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series with 1Go RAM
- CPU : Intel Core i7 860 @2.8GHz

Please help !!!

upload_2016-10-22_11-9-37.png

Shiv

This is often a result of outdated graphics drivers. Check to see if there is a newer driver for your graphics card.

All drivers up to date, downloaded yesterday.
So I do not think that it is the issue unfortunately

Shiv

Hmm, well if you have dual display adapters (e.g., you have both a dedicated video card and Intel integrated graphics), you might try verifying that the game actually selected the dedicate video card, rather than defaulting to the integrated graphics.

Hi,

I have a weird display glitch with constant erratic lines popping up all directions. I tried many different video configurations from all minimum to all maximum and different resolutions without any impact on the issue.
I updated my graphics card driver to latest version as well.
I am copying below a screenshot to illustrate the issue.
My configuration is above the minimum:
- RAM : 4 Go
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series with 1Go RAM
- CPU : Intel Core i7 860 @2.8GHz

Please help !!!

View attachment 456210

Shiv
This also happened to me and the unit with that line can't move at all (just one time) but after playing a new game it is fixed

Thanks Browd, but I have a single graphics card :undecide:
I tested as well the full installation of DX11 but no issue there
and the problem persists at each new game

Hi,

I have the same issue. The problem is that it was ok for a few weeks, but now it is getting worse and worse every time I start a CIV6 game. Doesn´t matter if it is a new game or a saved one.
I have NVidia GTX 1060. The rest is a bit older but still within specs.

Anyone found a solution?

That looks to me like artifacting from failing GPU memory. If so it will get steadily worse until it starts appearing outside of GPU intensive games or dies. Could be a corrupt texture too though, you tried verifying the game cache?

Have you taken a look at temperatures inside your system? My guess is things are a bit too hot inside the box and causing failing GPU memory, as callan points out. You can begin by cleaning vents of dust, placing the computer in an area of better ventilation, and evaluate the various temps of your system. There are several third party applications that will yield quite a bit of insight.

Firstly thanks both for your comments. I really appreciate that.
I am checking the temperature of the card and it never went above 61 °C. Tried right now, maximum fan speed and temperature is below 40 °C all the time the game is running and the glitches are there right from the beginning. I would understand if it will get worse during one gameplay, but it is getting worse and worse day after day. So something is wrong here. I have actually returned the card to the shop for reclamation and the tests were all ok (or that´s what technician said and wrote). Before this the card had behaved like today and after return to me worked quite nicely without issues. Then two weeks later the glitches started to appear again. Slowly increasing the intensity and now it is just unplayable. Weird think is, that Civ6 is now the only game with such problems.

It seems i have to ask for more testing via shop, this time with screenshots and more detailed description of the issue. Maybe it is just the card....

It seems i have to ask for more testing via shop, this time with screenshots and more detailed description of the issue. Maybe it is just the card....

You can test yourself if you want, it's not difficult. If I am right your card will fail a bench-marking test but, if it passes, I am wrong and we will have to look elsewhere for the problem.

I just did a quick check and the tool I've always used for this, furmark, has recently been updated with support for your 1060. Discussion of latest release at geeks3d.

Hm... so i tried furmark (quite a nice tool!) and all the most demanding benchmarks I have tried passed without an issue with actually quite good results. But to be honest during GPU stress test I have seen some flickering white points (in groups of three to four) on some parts of the screen (BTW I see those in the Civ6 menu as well). But nothing during the tests....
Maybe some interference with other hardware?

I should have been more clear, if there is artifacting present during the test then this is considered a fail and confirms a memory issue with your GPU to a fairly high degree of certainty. The GPU processor itself is solid, which is why your card doesn't crash fully even under load but your issues will continue to get worse until it does start to fail at even basic tasks or refuses to boot. You should return to the store armed with this information and insist on a replacement card.

Top Bottom