[GS] Firaxis: You're only making this game worse

Howitzer

Chieftain
fthisgame.jpg
fthisgame1.jpg
fthisgame2.jpg
fthisgame3.jpg
fthisgame4.jpg

Q:Hello can I get a downgrade to previous civ 6 version?
A: NO sorry

Q: Can I get a refund then?
A: After 1500+ hours??? You're kidding right?

Q: Can I just play the game then?
A: Yes but no mods like YNAMP etc
ME: But I have no mods!
A: Also no multiplayer for you sorry

When Civ 5 was released, I bought it immediately without caring for reviews etc.
A stupid decision, as Civ 5 vanilla was incomplete and got to a good point only after several DLC.
So I said, next time, I'm not gonna get the same again, I'll wait to see reviews, watch gameplay videos, play at a friends pc etc.
And so I did with CIV 6, and I was certain that vanilla CIV was perfect and worth every penny and bought it.

Then bought R&F no questions asked. Great game
Then bought again GS :)

Tricked again :) Only this time I've spent much more money and time for the game :)

Maybe I'll adopt a new strategy for CIV 7 :)

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model: Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

Operating System Version:
Windows 10 (64 bit)

Video Card:
Driver: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
Memory:
RAM: 16329 Mb

Last edited:
Official 2K support:
I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with Civilization VI where it thinks you have mods attached. This seems to be tied to the latest update, and I apologize as I know it is frustrating.

The Developers are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix for it.

That being said, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and so we don't have a timeline on when a patch will be implemented. However, as soon as that information is available, our players will be the first to know. I suggest that you keep an eye on our @2K and @2KSupport pages for any updates.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thank you for your understanding,

2K Support

That's great marketing there for the new DLC folks!!

Ok seems I managed to start a game again!

What I did:

Unistalled all DLC.
Then Unistalled game
(This was the 2nd time I unistalled so not quite certain that by itself is helpful)
Deleted the entire folder at Documents\My games\Civilization 6
Then opened regedit and searched for Civilization
Every single line that contained both civilization and steamapps was deleted (carefull with that if you have installed other version like civ 5 in your steam client!!)
Reinstalled game
Reinstaled All DLC except GS (I dont own New frontier)
Reinstalled GS
I'll try to use some mods to see what happens.

UPDATE:
Mods now don't pose a startup conflict!

Last edited:
Hi @Howitzer - thank you for your description - I had identical issue and followed the steps you described - it worked for me too. Haven't tested any mods so far but at least I can start the game...

Top Bottom