Civ6 Piano Covers [NETHERLANDS]

The Khmer theme is great! :thumbsup:

I wonder if the next Civ cover will be from Civ VI or Civ V.

I honestly don't know :crazyeye:
It is really hard to pick. All themes in both games are awesome in their own ways.
I’m trying to choose now between Germany, France and Egypt(all Civ 6)
But maybe I will end up chossing something completely different.)

I honestly don't know :crazyeye:
It is really hard to pick. All themes in both games are awesome in their own ways.
I’m trying to choose now between Germany, France and Egypt(all Civ 6)
But maybe I will end up chossing something completely different.)
Personally, I like Egyptian industrial theme out of these most. Although ancient France is also very nice. Oh, and all versions of Scythia :)

Or some war theme from Civ V would be nice :)

Personally, I like Egyptian industrial theme out of these most. Although ancient France is also very nice. Oh, and all versions of Scythia :)

Or some war theme from Civ V would be nice :)

Scythia's themes are..... alright in my opinion. Not too big on the duduk, a very slow instrument. :p Too bad it wasn't based on an actual Ossetian song.

I will try Brazil Medieval. But that rhythm though. It is gonna be hard :lol:
I really like that one. Feels like a carnival, and it sounds really jolly although it isn't exactly the best thing to play when you send a nuke on a city :D

I will try Brazil Medieval. But that rhythm though. It is gonna be hard :lol:

As much as others criticize the Brazilian Civ6 themes for being too happy and annoying, I actually disagree and love them. :love:

A little different this time:). Enjoy my live perfomance of the Norwegian Modern Theme!

Amazing play!
I listened norway theme at least 20 times already within week! :D
this (NORWAY) and Poland are my favorite themes, i'm picking them as ai just to listen their themes :D

Okay, so plans for January-February. In no order:
  • Rome Medieval (This theme is AWESOME. Previously I thought that Rome themes were kind of meh, but I changed my mind! )
  • Brazil Medieval or Industrial ( The problem with this theme is that rhythm is really difficult to depict in synthesia manualy(as I normally do). However, I found out that Geoff Knorr has a web-site with orchestral score. When I have 5 bucks to buy this score, the process will speed up :thumbsup:
  • Arabia Industiral ( This is just simply amazing and epic theme. Definitely on my list )
  • Egypt Industrial\Medieval ( Some of you requsted it and I can see why:). Another beautiful soundtrack )
  • America Medieval ( Especially medieval! )
As Rise and Fall comes out, I will do synthesia for the expansion civs as well:king:

As someone who doesn’t play musical instruments at all, let alone piano: Are these actually doable with your 10 hand fingers?:eek:

As someone who doesn’t play musical instruments at all, let alone piano: Are these actually doable with your 10 hand fingers?:eek:
Some of them are playable, some of them are not exactly :sad:. The reason behind it is to just make them enjoyable to listen and watch as a YouTube video. However, I do agree that Sumeria and China need some adjustments, because they are indecently hard :crazyeye:
Generally speaking, if someone here really wants to play my covers on their own piano, it is not hard to simplify hard parts and make your own version:lol:.

@mzmaster

You should set up a Patreon account if you haven't done so.

If you do, it's great.
Actually, I do :crazyeye:

Hi, everyone! Finally after beeing a guest for 2 years I decided to register in CivFanatics.

So, as a huge fan of Civlization game series, I was always impressed by the quality of in-game soundtrack. I think that all musicians, who are responsible for all this beaty, are really geniuses! So, after playing a while in Civ 6, I decided to try making a few piano covers and show them to public. To showcase my work I use the program called Synthesia.

Last posted cover - khmer Main Theme

If you have any suggestions or improvements, pls leave a comment. I'm still learning :)

One more thing, I'm not sure if it is the right spot for this thread. If I'm wrong, pls don't be mad at me :)

Those are great script noting of those themes. I do appreciate your talent to identify the chords covered by the main melody(ies).

I also tried to piano-nize Egyptian(it hardly not fits well in piano, for the instruments it is using are hard to be imitated by piano), Norweign and Germany theme, but given up half way there.

I personally think that your Norweign cover is epic itself, and it is piano fitting too. Em... I needa ask, do you have any sheet to be referenced haha.

The Khmer theme is too yolo, I just cant get it off my brain after I player Khmer once. The Trill at every sentence's end is unforgettable. It is surprisingly easier to be composed into piano, as it is performed by vibes, compared to some themes that need specific instruments to bring the feeling.

And I think Kalinka (russian theme) is fitting for piano too, as it is like a rounding song, with the melody appearing repeatedly in both hands.

Last edited:
Hey, nice thread! It kind of makes me want to start practicing again. I actually started doing Final Fantasy piano songs on Youtube some years ago. I only got as far as uploading a couple of them, before I met my wife and life suddenly got really busy. I haven't been practicing as much since then, but seing your covers makes me want to look into it again. :)

Hey, nice thread! It kind of makes me want to start practicing again. I actually started doing Final Fantasy piano songs on Youtube some years ago. I only got as far as uploading a couple of them, before I met my wife and life suddenly got really busy. I haven't been practicing as much since then, but seing your covers makes me want to look into it again. :)
I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan believe it or not.

Can you bring up the Prologue (aka the Main Final Fantasy theme) here?

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan believe it or not.

Can you bring up the Prologue (aka the Main Final Fantasy theme) here?
Well, that one was not one of my two uploads, but if I get around to rehearsing a bit and setting up recording again, I could do that. :) I don't want to hijack this thread, though, especially as unlike mzmaster's videos, mine would not be Civ related. I could make my own off-topic thread and link it from here. Not making any promises, though, I'll see if I get around to it. In the meantime, I'll leave you with the ones I did in the past:

Top Bottom