CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack – CP+CSD+C4DF+Serp’s+And More!

Do you have any idea what the problems from Franckcrack and crytipids could be?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13892871#post13892871
I have no idea... and no experience with solving game crashes =/

Thanks, I have offered some advice in the main MPMPM thread but my knowledge on this is pretty minimal.

In addition, I wish I could have gotten your modded FlagPromotion and City Expansion to work with my modpack (or their original iterations for that matter), but they just didn't want to cooperate.

BTW, great work with your modpack!

Thanks, I have offered some advice in the main
In addition, I wish I could have gotten your modded FlagPromotion and City Expansion to work with my modpack (or their original iterations for that matter), but they just didn't want to cooperate.

BTW, great work with your modpack!
Thanks, you too ;)

Very sad, that these mods do not work, since they are really good I think.

I assume you already checked, if these two mods containing files which are also used by some of your added mods? And for UI-CityExpansion you downloaded the non-EUI version?
I can't imagine other reasons, why they do not work ...

Hi, playing and enjoying mod. Good work.

An initial comment:

AI seems to be ignoring ruins even if they are close to it's capital and not in jungles. I think it has to do with pathfinding... Ended up disabling ruins as they give too much advantage to the player, who can still find way around jungles.

This inability to move in jungle until Optics cripples AI IMHO on the map with heavy jungles...

Also, it seems, that initial warrior instead of Scout as in Serp's modpack, forces AI to go heavy with warriors instead of archers, which is not good for it's defence.

I wonder what property needs to change to give initial scout to AI?

Hi, playing and enjoying mod. Good work.

An initial comment:

AI seems to be ignoring ruins even if they are close to it's capital and not in jungles. I think it has to do with pathfinding... Ended up disabling ruins as they give too much advantage to the player, who can still find way around jungles.

This inability to move in jungle until Optics cripples AI IMHO on the map with heavy jungles...

Also, it seems, that initial warrior instead of Scout as in Serp's modpack, forces AI to go heavy with warriors instead of archers, which is not good for it's defence.

I wonder what property needs to change to give initial scout to AI?

Thanks for your feedback. As you've pointed out, this has to do with with changes made by the Exploration Continued Expanded mod. Starting up several games under different difficulty settings, it does appear that the AI (besides Shoshone which got Pathfinders and the Aztec which got Jaguars) are starting out with only warriors. This could cause exploration problems as pointed out here:

I haven't seen that. However the fact that AI apparantly doesn't spawn a starting scout - as they should on Emperor, if I'm not mistaken? - clearly seems like a fundamental flaw that has nothing to do with AI settings.

In fact, since I suppose most of the AI regarding scouting is tied to the recon flavor on units, I guess it makes perfect sense that AI breaks down with regards to scouting if game is build around them getting a scout for free and they suddenly don't do that anymore (if it is not written into the code that they should build a scout as first priority (unless they are Ethiopia)).

This could be a reason why the AIs weren't exploring properly and discovering goody huts. Kaspergm did find a fix on his setup:

Ok I did a short test, and it's definitely ECEx that gives the problem in my game!

With CP + other mods but without ECEx activated, AI starts with Settler + 2x Warrior + Scout on Emperor difficulty:
Spoiler :

However, with CP + other mods and with ECExactivated, AI now starts with Settler + 3x Warrior but no scout:
Spoiler :

Gonna do a few more tests to check that this is not caused by conflict with another mod, it would be nice if someone else could try to check this also.

Update > I have a mod that I use that changes the tech tree, and when I turn that off, AI starts with a recon unit as intended. Apparently there is some conflict here which causes the issue.

Update 2 > Found the conflict! The mod changes which skills AI starts with, so they don't start with Trapping skill, and since this was PreReq tech for Great Scout - and mod is set up to have AI start with a Great Scout on Emperor level - this caused the conflict and gave them a warrior instead. Changing the PreReq tech for Great Scout to the same as Scout seems to fix this so AI now starts with a Great Scout. Gonna do a bit more playtesting.

Update 3 > Did some more playtesting. Works like a charm now. AI happily explores and aggressively forward-settles me like there was no tomorrow.

I'm going to check and see if AIs are getting the Trapping tech. If it is the same problem, I could fix it by changing the Prereq for Great Scouts like kaspergm did or I could just add back the Units - Starting Scout mod which gives everyone a starting scout. Either way, AIs seem to be happy once they are starting with a scout. Next version of the modpack will definitely have a fix for this

Looking forward to the new version ). One comment about city state initial gold. It might get better when AI starts scouting, but at the moment it feels too easy to accumulate big amounts of gold. Yes, perhaps it is going to change as AI scouts will take most of it. But still the concept where CS give their natural resource as initial gift looks more interesting rather when they give gold...

Looking forward to the new version ). One comment about city state initial gold. It might get better when AI starts scouting, but at the moment it feels too easy to accumulate big amounts of gold. Yes, perhaps it is going to change as AI scouts will take most of it. But still the concept where CS give their natural resource as initial gift looks more interesting rather when they give gold...

New version up! Hopefully it fixes AI stupidity. As far as the CS gold, I believe you'll be encountering far more competition from the AI now in the race to be discover CSs first.

New version up! Hopefully it fixes AI stupidity. As far as the CS gold, I believe you'll be encountering far more competition from the AI now in the race to be discover CSs first.

Works fine it seems. Although I've got GS and worker on turn one on emperor, but I suppose it was intended.

Forgot to mention, one of the AIs at some point was willing to give for luxury resource 20GP per turn :O . I mean it looks really a lot. In Serps mod haven't seen anything like that, 6-7 turn max. May be it was one off, but looked very unusual.

Works fine it seems. Although I've got GS and worker on turn one on emperor, but I suppose it was intended.

Forgot to mention, one of the AIs at some point was willing to give for luxury resource 20GP per turn :O . I mean it looks really a lot. In Serps mod haven't seen anything like that, 6-7 turn max. May be it was one off, but looked very unusual.

Hey bud, just wondering if you've had any success with multi-computer multiplayer games. I tried starting one up yesterday and the host got a CTD after every turn 1. Rejoining the game resulted in a corrupted load. Civminidump only said something about a 0xC0000005 exception code (the thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access). As I haven't actually tried playing in a real multiplayer game in the last couple of versions, I may have to roll back some of my additions (I suspect ExCE is the problem).

Heya, no haven't tried multiplayer. I usually play single. Can try it a bit later. Yes ...005 issue most likely to do with two different mods writing to the same memory location. Either because they are using the same function, I.e. same code in dll or / and changing the same parameters.

Hello,

I'm new to the modding scene and was wondering if it would be possible (if compatible) to add another version with the JFD Civ packs pre-installed?

I loaded your version up and played with it a bit and thought I'd try and follow the instructions on adding to the pack..... ya I failed badly :(

Thanks for the great modding :)

Hello,

I'm new to the modding scene and was wondering if it would be possible (if compatible) to add another version with the JFD Civ packs pre-installed?

I loaded your version up and played with it a bit and thought I'd try and follow the instructions on adding to the pack..... ya I failed badly :(

Thanks for the great modding :)

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'm already going to have to make two versions of my mod, one that is compatible with multi computer multiplayer games and one that is single player only (some mods just don't want to cooperate in multiplayer). Make take a bit because I'm in the middle of a summer class, but keep checking back.

I've run into a couple of issues with Great Diplomats. First off, I'm still getting the GD-spam issue even after clearing my cache. Second, the Embassy improvement seems to not be working. It only says "Embassy", not "Embassy of (Civ)", and then when the World Congress gets founded, they don't provide the extra delegates that they're supposed to (unless that was intentional, though the OP doesn't say it was). If it has any effect, this is all in Hotseat. I'm hoping to get this fixed, because I really enjoy this Modpack. I think I've already spoiled myself with it, because the thought of playing without it is pretty sad xD

But yeah, I don't want to be a nuisance, especially since you're taking a class (have fun with that by the way). I just wanted to bring that up and figure out which end the error is occurring on.

Hey bud, just wondering if you've had any success with multi-computer multiplayer games. I tried starting one up yesterday and the host got a CTD after every turn 1. Rejoining the game resulted in a corrupted load. Civminidump only said something about a 0xC0000005 exception code (the thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access). As I haven't actually tried playing in a real multiplayer game in the last couple of versions, I may have to roll back some of my additions (I suspect ExCE is the problem).

Yeah me and a friend of mine tried to do a multiplayer game recently and it crashed after the first turn for the both of us. Slightly disappointing because this modpack seems amazing! Although I am still using it in singleplayer. I would love to see this modpack usable for multi computer multiplayer. Health and Plague is probably the most balancing factor, as before a friend of ours would always beat us in a wonder race and get unbelievably far ahead no matter what he did. Now he gets covered in plague if he tries that. lol its glorious. I will track this thread and hopefully we get multi computer multiplayer eventually <3

Current "Bugs":
I'll do my best to keep these up to date with current information :)
|1-Graphic tearing/Invisible Overlay: Graphics settings lower than standard seems to cause this, with multiple people reporting similar issues. - So try to keep standard settings as your minimum :)

|2-Great Explorer Cities: They seem to be invisible when first founded, though upon reloading the game they re-appear.

|3-MP: Currently Multi-player ends with the host crashing or constant every turn re-syncing (Which is followed with its own set of issues, such as starter units spawning again).

|4-Great Diplomats: Tile improvement is dysfunctional, and they spawn every turn during a golden age - The likely fix is Disabling them

|5-Lapis (Luxury Resource): There seems to be an abnormally high quantity of it compared to other resources, even on standard settings. -Confirmed only on Pangaea map

|6-AI Technology: AI are trading for tech they already have, and are occasionally showing as having none - I had my own game where Isabelle was conquering the world, and traded for trapping while we were in the industrial era...

The Original Post
I have three things to confirm here, and an answer to one of them!

The First: There are graphical oddities when certain graphics settings are below default, such as tearing, missing textures, and invisible city names.

The Second: Great explorer cities seem to be invisible when first founded, though they appear properly on a reload (SP).

The Third: MP(Multi-Player) is not working in the most recent version, I have yet to try older ones (I'm a bit new here). The biggest issue I've had with this so far is the host crashing to desktop during an attempted re-sync on turn 2-3, with other players being stuck on the re-sync screen. When there's not a complete failure in starting a game, we've had every turn re-syncs with bugs like a new starter unit every time a re-sync occurred.

Edited 7/18/2015
It seems that you get a great diplomat every turn in a golden age, It feels kind of game breaking. -Is this intentional?

I have three things to confirm here, and an answer to one of them!

The First: There are graphical oddities when certain graphics settings are below default, such as tearing, missing textures, and invisible city names.

The Second: Great explorer cities seem to be invisible when first founded, though they appear properly on a reload (SP).

The Third: MP(Multi-Player) is not working in the most recent version, I have yet to try older ones (I'm a bit new here). The biggest issue I've had with this so far is the host crashing to desktop during an attempted re-sync on turn 2-3, with other players being stuck on the re-sync screen. When there's not a complete failure in starting a game, we've had every turn re-syncs with bugs like a new starter unit every time a re-sync occurred.

Edited 7/18/2015
It seems that you get a great diplomat every turn in a golden age, It feels kind of game breaking. -Is this intentional?

Thanks for the report everyone! Yeah the GD spam is a problem, but its not unique to this modpack as there is discussion about it over at the CSD thread. I may just try and disable the Great Diplomat because the Embassy doesn't seem to be working either.

Thanks for the report everyone! Yeah the GD spam is a problem, but its not unique to this modpack as there is discussion about it over at the CSD thread. I may just try and disable the Great Diplomat because the Embassy doesn't seem to be working either.

As soon as you have any changes, I've got a group of friends here to test them with me - and I'm up for trying with others as well.
Edit
As to keep clutter post to a minimum, I'll update my original with new bugs when I run into them (The one 2 above this one, adding more now actually!).

I noticed when I first started using this for single player, two situations. I couldn't use this on a lua TSL map I had downloaded. I would CTD. And I couldn't have more than 16 players. It would CTD. I wanted to try Yet Not Another Earth map with this modpack. And I know I am not supposed to use mods with a modpack, but I figured just the earth map itself shouldn't cause too many conflictions right? I can't even select a map to play. It does not bother me that much. But I was wondering if there was any true start location maps that work with this pack?

Top Bottom