1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack – CP+CSD+C4DF+Serp’s+And More!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by civaddiction, Jun 12, 2015.

1. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

Yep, it was the Wood to Brick trait for Poland. The game should not desync if you avoid civs with popups. Looks like I'll be removing civs for the next version, starting with the modified Poland.

2. Amightymuffin

Amightymuffin Chieftain

heres hoping its not a permanent removal :D

any chance of a list of affected civs in the meantime?

also just encountered the great diplomat bug any idea what's behind that and whether its fixable?

3. ERLoft

ERLoft San Diegan

Decided to play some Civ again after a XCom:EW Long War campaign. Found this mod and am very impressed so far.

I did just run into an error though. I completed the Temple of Artemis, but the game gave an error that it was unable to find and load the .dds file. I did a search of the MP_MODPACK directory and can't find any file, nor is there a file in the entire Civ V directory...

4. Amightymuffin

Amightymuffin Chieftain

modpack does cause a crash to desktop when I go to quit to main menu

Edit also there is an issue where only 1/3 players can actually do something when we reload?

5. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

That shouldn't cause a problem. Did you clear cache before installing/playing?

6. Xefjord

Xefjord Prince

Me and my friends have been playing the latest mod pack. Here is what we have found, the first game we play with Stalin, New Zealand, and Lenin. Everything worked flawlessly until about turn 67 or 70 (Don't remember) and then it did a Crash to Desktop. The second time we tried, we played with Swizterland, Hitler, and Egypt (Both times we had like two additional AI but they were base civs, not modded civs) it had the same problem. At exactly turn 67 we Crashed to desktop. Is it the civs that are the problem? Or might it be a different part of the mod? We did clear the cache before using this mod.

Edit: Just played a game with Vanilla America, Vanilla Russia, and Vanilla Babalyon (Of course they are slightly modified by the other new civs, like Washington has the "ranch") Had three other vanilla civs as AI. We made it to turn 56 then it crashed. Everytime it crashes the game SEEMS like it is going to go into a loading screen (Like it de-synced?) then it just crashes to desktop. Another thing to note, is when we all go to the menu and click "To main menu" the game just Crashes to Desktop instead of going to the main menu. Unsure if that is related.

7. wojak

wojak Chieftain

Hi, man, your modpack looks good so i downloaded and install it, but i have a little problem.
    Game crashes to desktop at loading after intro. Do you know why? I install it just right in instruction, have latest Civ version(1.0.3.279) and all dlcs

8. Cherokee

Cherokee Chieftain

I've installed the mod with my girlfriend, and it adds so much and it is great :) however, like Xefjord said, it crashes after some turns, making it very hard to play. Maybe it has something to do with AI's declaring war on players. not sure.

9. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

New Version up. Should fix the CTDs and the desyncs associated with the JFD Civs. I removed the Great Diplomat but replaced it with Master Diplomat, a non-great person that nevertheless has the same promotion as the Great Diplomat. It replaces the Great Diplomat wherever one was rewarded (such as the Forum). The Civil Servant now contributes to its own Great Merchant (two Great Merchant progress bars will now appear, one for Merchant related buildings and one for Diplomatic related buildings). The Civil Servants, however do not contribute as much GP points as Merchants do (1 vs 3) but make up for it in providing more gold and science.

10. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

Hey so now I'm getting Great merchant spawning :cry: looks like I'm going to have to remove all Great Person modifiers from diplomatic buildings and civil servants.

11. A.creature

A.creature Chieftain

Hi we have 2 big problems
    1. on XL map all settlers respawn in one location
    2. on XL map game critical down over 20 turn.

And did you can create simple pack with all Community Patch with addons and EUI?

12. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

1. I did not have that problem on my test games, although I have not used an XL map. Does this happen on other sized maps? How many players are you trying to play with at once?

2. I was able to play over 100 turns in my test game. I did experience a "close to desktop" at turn 56 but as long as the other player(s) stay in game, the CTD'er can log back into it.

It is not just Community Patch with add-ons, it uses just the CP base, not the balance patch. There are a lot of other mods included, see the first three posts. Secondly, this is totally incompatible with EUI. If you or any of the other players in your game were using EUI, you will have critical problems with the game.

13. MarshallBF

MarshallBF Chieftain

Hello, I have to give the authors big thank you for this mod. I have limited experience with modding Civ V (I really liked Civ IV), so I have question.

The biggest pain for me is managing multiple cities, namely two things: I would like to be able to
    1) save and load production queue (like in Civ IV).
    2) select multiple cities and build the same thing in all of them with "one" click.

I found Improved Build Queue Mod (now with saveable queues).

How difficult would it be to make it work and megre it with this pack?

I would appreciate any advice in this direction, even different mod (I didn't spend that much time searching forums for solutions) that would make queues similar to Civ IV.

Thanks!

14. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

Yeah, I agree. I wish there was also a Governor feature like in Civ IV. I looked into that mod you posted and it looks like it 1)hasn't been updated in years 2)has a bunch of people saying it doesn't work anymore. I guess I could look into the code, but I wouldn't be hopeful. I looked around for another similar mod, but I didn't find any either.

In my games, I just load up the production queue as far as I can and that's all we can do unfortunately

15. A.creature

A.creature Chieftain

1. No this happen only on maximal size map
    2. you play with your sound pack or without?
    3. civaddiction I asked if you can make such a modpak

16. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

1. Thanks, I will look into confirming whether or not XL maps work on my system. For now, don't go with the max sized map.

2. I do play with the soundpack. You have to add it into the modpack folder like I described in my installation instructions. To not do so will result in errors.

3. I cannot make a modpack with EUI as it conflicts with a number of other mods like Health and Plague. Others have made modpacks with EUI like Serp and DLimited. If that's what you're looking for, I recommend you go investigate their modpacks.

17. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

I forgot the add the Shoshone fix in the last update. If you want to play the Shoshone without getting desyncs in multiplayer do this:

Remove their choosing promotion in modpack/Override/CIV5Units.xml file. Search for the following code and delete it:
    Code:

<Row> 
    			<UnitType>UNIT_SHOSHONE_PATHFINDER</UnitType> 
    			<PromotionType>PROMOTION_GOODY_HUT_PICKER</PromotionType> 
    		</Row>

18. A.creature

A.creature Chieftain

CP; CBM and other modes updated, can you update pack?
    and fix problem with maximal size map pls))

19. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

Hey, I'll try and get to it as soon as I can, but with classes having started back up, I'll be hard pressed for time. I'll keep checking the comments, but it may take me a while to push an update. Sorry!

20. Murfatlar

Murfatlar Chieftain

Civaddiction, thanks for the great modding here. The game is more stable without the exploration pack (1.71), however I found a weird bug - sorry if someone else posted about it before:

Playing the Zulus at the moment and I'm receiving a brand new spearman each time I load the game. :) Any thoughts?

EDIT: There's an additional issue - the next turn after loading game, all units also receive an amount of XP.

To correlate with the above: 1. You load the game-> A spearman instantly spawns near capital. 2. First time you hit next turn after loading game -> that spearman and all other units receive XP points.

Thank you,
    Murfatlar