Resource icon

CivAssist II 30-Oct-2016

CAII had worked on my Windows 7 OS for more than a year, but starting just last week the programme would start giving the following message;

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id =0xf50 (3920) Thread id =0x171c (5916)

Can anyone shed any light on this, or should i just uninstall and re-install.

Scratcher

I was able to install the .4Net Framework and it did not ask me to repair anything. However, when I try to install CAII, it tells me to install .Net 1.4.322 and will not allow installation. The website to which I was directed only has .4Net and I couldn't find .Net 1.4.322. Any ideas?

EDIT: I was able to find .Net 1.1 here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

That allowed me to install CA2, but it still won't run and I get the same error message as Scratcher:

"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id =0xf50 (3920) Thread id =0x171c (5916)"

I am running both Civ and CA2 in compatibility mode and as Admin. I'm quite puzzled. :(

@ gmaharriet,

What I find so frustrating is that CAII worked perfectly well for nearly a year and a half and then one day I get this message. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing but without success.

Scratcher

Ditto!!!!......Very Unexpected (Speaking as a former Computer Programmer!) :)

By the way - obviously a lack of progress here. I've been distracted by both real life and forum issues of late. I realistically won't even look at this for another month, but I haven't forgotten about this. Apologies, but it just takes time that is a precious resource for me at present.

By the way - obviously a lack of progress here. I've been distracted by both real life and forum issues of late. I realistically won't even look at this for another month, but I haven't forgotten about this. Apologies, but it just takes time that is a precious resource for me at present.

That's what time actually is... :sad:

Just be aware that everybody appreciates that you care about CAII at all :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update, Ainwood. It helps to know you still have this on your "to do" list. :)

Ainwood, I really appreciate the fact that you will take the time to work on CAII. I can honestly say that this programme made what was a great game, even more enjoyable to play.

Scratcher

Maybe already figured out the problem with the error message from a few posts up that just pops up after the program has been working fine for months.

The tech I took my machine to said it was because my laptop was set to autoinstall updates to .NET, and I had evidently put it to sleep without knowing the update process was in the works because it runs in the background.

He couldn't get .NET to repair itself no matter how long he tried. Even uninstalling framework and reinstalling it didn't work. Had to reinstall from the recovery disks. And he shut off the background updating, so I can choose to update when I know I have the time.

I am trying to run CivAssist on a Windows Vista machine. For a while, I was getting the same sort of error that others have mentioned, but that disappeared when I switched to a different anti-virus program, inexplicably. It worked for about a week, although I had to manually find the file in the folder for it. But then one day, I loaded it up, and opened a save just fine, but when I went to open the next turn's save, it gave me a message, saying "Cannot open file 'C:\filepathname\...sav', access is blocked.

I didn't change anything, computer-wise, from the previous session. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm playing my first histographic game, and am living in fear of tripping the domination limit.

You could use MapStat to see how close you are to the Domination Limit. :)

Question for the creators of this masterpiece civ3 utility: is it possible to add movies to specific wonders, techs, units and scenarios when they are loaded during gameplay.

For example, insert a button on Civ Assist II to allow the person that just developed a certain tech to view a movie clip on that matter, a media window would pop up automatically/manually (could be chosen by the user) from CivAssistII as the program detected that the tech was available to the player.

Could this be feasable on CivAssistII?

Question for the creators of this masterpiece civ3 utility: is it possible to add movies to specific wonders, techs, units and scenarios when they are loaded during gameplay.

For example, insert a button on Civ Assist II to allow the person that just developed a certain tech to view a movie clip on that matter, a media window would pop up automatically/manually (could be chosen by the user) from CivAssistII as the program detected that the tech was available to the player.

Could this be feasable on CivAssistII?

I do not think that this is the purpose of Civ Assist II.

Funny, I've been thinking along similar lines lately...a utility that monitors the save games like mapstat and CAII and launches external processes. I was thinking of automated turn logs, auto-animated map gifs and the ability to tweet game info on demand. Perhaps even a training mode that makes observations on efficiency.

Funny, I've been thinking along similar lines lately...a utility that monitors the save games like mapstat and CAII and launches external processes. I was thinking of automated turn logs, auto-animated map gifs and the ability to tweet game info on demand. Perhaps even a training mode that makes observations on efficiency.

That´s even better, i just want the ability to upload videos and attach them to wonders, small wonders, buildings and units and of course an scenario intro video autoloaded once the player loads a scenario up....

I fear that your ideas would make it an unallowed tool for the HoF. And for me personally that's the most important point. (And I guess for several other people, too).

Hi

I have the same problem as some of you.

I have Conquest and I XP on my computer. I downloaded CAII and I installed it. But it doesn´t run and I get the same error message :

"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id =0xxxx (xxxx) Thread id =0xxxx (xxxx)

OK to terminate
cancel to debug

If you opt to debug then:

registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0xxxx"

I searched info on this post. I have .Net 1.1 and I am administrator. I also tried to reinstalled .Net 1.1 and CAII. It does change anything.

Can anybody help me ?

Top Bottom