CivBE gameplay at Gamescom on Thursday and Friday!

The video is pretty terrible. D:

Anyway, from what I tried to get from the Diplomacy deal screen, it seems we will be able to trade Science per turn with other Civs.

And there doesn't seem to be any kind of Luxury Resources. But maybe there will be Strategic Resources that increase Health (which would be equivalent to LR)?

Eight turns in sixteen minutes while talking about very basic concepts. Apparently aimed at people who haven't even heard about the game before,
:(

That drove me completely nuts. I did see a beaker icon and I think he said you can trade technology ponts per turn like money. That could be an interesting addition.

I did pick up that one of the prosperity virtues is called "helping Hands" and it gives "+15% build speed to tile improvements".

I caught a couple, but not that one. Hopefully you are wrong or they change it. 15% is literally nothing for most improvements. I also saw that my virtue thread from last week is already obsolete. Almost the entire early Might tree is rearranged.

That drove me completely nuts. I did see a beaker icon and I think he said you can trade technology ponts per turn like money. That could be an interesting addition.

I caught a couple, but not that one. Hopefully you are wrong or they change it. 15% is literally nothing for most improvements. I also saw that my virtue thread from last week is already obsolete. Almost the entire early Might tree is rearranged.

I just added some to ur thread :D and i was just about to tell u that they changed the might tree.

I think he said you can trade technology points per turn like money. That could be an interesting addition.

I think that would be great if true.

Almost the entire early Might tree is rearranged.

Good catch. I had not noticed. But yeah, "adaptive tactics" is now the first virtue in the tree. That changes things in an interesting way because it means that non-military factions can now get the extra combat experience with just one virtue instead of 2.

Hopefully, the presentation tomorrow will be a lot smoother and if we are lucky, we'll get some extra tooltips or get a peek at some additional screens like the affinity screen.

I think that would be great if true.

Good catch. I had not noticed. But yeah, "adaptive tactics" is now the first virtue in the tree. That changes things in an interesting way because it means that non-military factions can now get the extra combat experience with just one virtue instead of 2.

More specifically Harmony/alien friendly type factions can get the extra exp without taking a 'wasted' pick.

That quest decision at 13:20 is pretty fascinating. It said to either contain an Outbreak of earth species spreading (to protect Alien atmosphere) or don't. Interestingly, it didn't specifically state what would happen either way, and it only gave Affinity points if you chose to contain the outbreak (Harmony).

Huh. Wonder if that means that 'outbreaks' might occur in the capital to change tile yields or give some bonus. Likewise, I wonder how many quests like this exist. They've talked a lot about making RPG-style quest decisions truly impactful, and wonder if they can manage that.

Here is a link to today's presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3uEQTJ7gtY

Wow, this is painful to watch, just like his Let's Plays of BNW. Who decided to hire this guy for marketing purposes? :lol: I've never seen such a slow-paced presentation.

Most valuable information in the first 4 minutes (and I quote him):

1) the green stuff is food, the yellow stuff are credits and the orange color is production
2) With right click, you can move forward
3) This is a soldier unit called a soldier!!!
4) There are a lot of screens, this is the science screen. Here you can research different technologies!!!
5) Units can be built, for example .... recruit in the city ... or buildings, too!!!!! :lol:

He can't even pronunciate english words like survey. After 4 mins I had enough already. Is there anything to add to my list? :sad:

I don't know where the Firaxis marketing guys were, but this demo was not very well planned.

I think Firaxis would be better off using a saved game at say turn 100 rather than showing the early game at turn 1 when they do these public demos. The truth is that if you want to get newbies to be interested in civ, you gotta show them something exciting like a Purity Mech conquering a city. Showing people turn 1 where all you are doing is moving an explorer around, is not going to get new players fired up. There is a reason why First Person Shooter demos always showcase the exciting firefight in mission 10 rather than mission 1 tutorial where the player just has to learn to move and pick objects up.

I think Firaxis would be better off using a saved game at say turn 100 rather than showing the early game at turn 1 when they do these public demos. The truth is that if you want to get newbies to be interested in civ, you gotta show them something exciting like a Purity Mech conquering a city. Showing people turn 1 where all you are doing is moving an explorer around, is not going to get new players fired up. There is a reason why First Person Shooter demos always showcase the exciting firefight in mission 10 rather than mission 1 tutorial where the player just has to learn to move and pick objects up.

A good presentation for a 4x game should show the early start, some early mid game and some late game footage imo. :) this way the audience gets to see a major part of this genre: the expansion and reshaping of the map.

Oh and wait, am I seeing this correctly? "gold" is back on river and ocean tiles? At around 9:12 in vid.

Oh and wait, am I seeing this correctly? "gold" is back on river and ocean tiles? At around 9:12 in vid.
I think that might be from a building like a hydroelectric dam or a satellite. Or maybe it is a base yield again. In historical civ it made sense to make trade the key source of money, in in beyond earth you are supposed to be somewhat isolated and have to live off the land.

Well, remember also that it makes sense that water tiles give "gold", which is actually energy in this game. Hydroelectric and tidal power are both effective means of gathering energy, as are deep-sea vents, among other things. So that would technically be more accurate if this were the case.

Top Bottom