Civics and Reforms

Played another 15 turns with double Laborers hoping that they disapper but they persist even through saving and loading again.
Finally changed civic from Bureaucracy to Feudalism and only 7 from my 14 Laborers disappeared, the rest still worked happily, this was on a map 'Mojave Wasteland' not made specifically for VP.
When testing on a traditionally generated world I founded 3 more cities with 1 Settler and 2 Pioneers and the bug did not show up. Another mod of mine makes all cities settled by Pioneers and later upgrades (not Settlers) to start puppeted, I was suspecting this could be the reason, but as mentioned above - no bug on a new map.

Really great mod ! Maybe it needs some tweaks but it opens a lot of possibilities... So I wanted to integrate it in a Modpack for a multiplayer game.

Even if I knew the answer (Human choices using .lua are not shared in multiplayer) I confirm that this mod isn't multiplayer compatible: It seems that the AI choices are consistent between host and non-hosts players (I think), but I am pretty sure that all human civics choices are not shared between host and non-host players so it leads to big resyncs (well every time I chose a new civic a resync screen appears the next turn).

Really great mod ! Maybe it needs some tweaks but it opens a lot of possibilities... So I wanted to integrate it in a Modpack for a multiplayer game.

Even if I knew the answer (Human choices using .lua are not shared in multiplayer) I confirm that this mod isn't multiplayer compatible: It seems that the AI choices are consistent between host and non-hosts players (I think), but I am pretty sure that all human civics choices are not shared between host and non-host players so it leads to big resyncs (well every time I chose a new civic a resync screen appears the next turn).
Probably you need to comment out the random revolution lines.

Link
You can search for steam workshop downloader.
Alternatively you can install Tampermonkey for your browser then install this script that adds a direct download button (in Russian) to steam workshop pages.

Link
You can search for steam workshop downloader.
Alternatively you can install Tampermonkey for your browser then install this script that adds a direct download button (in Russian) to steam workshop pages.
I did use downloader, im just not sure if this file would work as a mod
1712212409257.png

because before mods were always using whole folders but i will try, thank you

I did use downloader, im just not sure if this file would work as a mod View attachment 687990
because before mods were always using whole folders but i will try, thank you
You would drag it and the game should extract it out as a folder.

You would drag it and the game should extract it out as a folder.
Yeah, i figured it out but there is one problem between me and this mod, i dont like the naming of first legal civic: Anarchism, it just doesnt make sense,i think Traditions or traditional values would fit more, can i change it somehow on my end?

Yeah, i figured it out but there is one problem between me and this mod, i dont like the naming of first legal civic: Anarchism, it just doesnt make sense,i think Traditions or traditional values would fit more, can i change it somehow on my end?
Ctrl-F Anarchism and rename it all to Tribalism or whatever it was originally called.

Is there a way to tweak the maintenance costs of civics? When I play with this all but 1-2 civs have negative GPT throughout the game.

Is there a way to tweak the maintenance costs of civics? When I play with this all but 1-2 civs have negative GPT throughout the game.
Go to C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Civic And Reform (v 12)\SQL and open Policies.sql, then change the numbers in that column for all rows to whatever you seem fit (I marked some examples, so you get the idea). Each value is that percentage of extra Building maintenance (the higher the value, the higher the maintenance).
Spoiler picture :
1712528572066.png

And what is the reason it taxes AIs so much? Are the gold costs the same for both human/AI players?

And what is the reason it taxes AIs so much? Are the gold costs the same for both human/AI players?
same for both players

i haven't noticed the gold cost getting higher unless you have a diff mod list that adds more more buildings.

Top Bottom