Civics tree advance idea

LukeHro

Chieftain
Some people are complaining that you get the same thing twice with the research and new civics tree. I think that they are somehow correct and I often find myself like: hey, didn't I just choose a research last turn?

So, my idea would be that instead of selecting the next civic to research, all available to research will get a percent of the generated culture distributed based on a formula. The formula would be based on the policies selected in your government (since almost all civics give you policies) and their place in civics ancestors to the currently researching.

At first each available civic will get a number of points equal to their number, eg: 3 civics currently available to research, each will get 3 points. Then for each policy in your government that comes from a immediate ancestor of the researching policy that one gets 5 points, for ones coming from 2 levels back 4 points and so on 5 levels back. In the end the scores are divided by the total number of points of all active civics and that gives the percentage of the total culture each of them gets.

Notes:
- this way you won't just choose the best policy available but also consider some based on what wonder, government or better card you want to get sooner
- civics from policies and links between policies can be tweaked to suit this better
- inspiration boosts will be still there, can also be a bit tweaked to be harder or easier to achieve (eg: have 1 neighborhood instead of 2)
- formula described is pretty simple, it may work but could also be enhanced: add points for a policy if the current government comes from an ancestor, add points if you built a wonder coming from an ancestor, if the civic researched gives a military policy for example then the points for military cards in it's ancestors weight double, etc

Top Bottom