CivII Military Advisor

JuuL said:
I would. But I want to make the graphics first, so I will try to ask this again:

Can somebody tell me how to do one of these things?:
1: Take screenshots of *.avi files.
2: Edit *.avi files.

1. Screenshot = Prnt Scrn. Sometimes you might have to push Ctrl/Shift/Fn/ if you're on a laptop.
2. Jasc Animation Shop Pro? It opens avi's

Good luck! :)

JuuL said:
1: I already did that (and mentioned that I have done so). And it didn't work :( :( :(

Juul, I've been working on some new advisors (which I'm thinking of posting here when I'm done!) and I've been doing a lot of capturing from movie files. The problem is that the DirectShow renderer uses "overlay" mode by default when it's available. As such, the program playing the movie never actually gets the images from the movie; the video card directly puts it onto the screen. So normal printscreen captures won't work. You're going to have to turn off overlay for your movie player. I don't know how it works with media player, or if you can even do that, though.

If you can't figure it out, you can try using what I use (Zoom Player). Right click on the window (when a movie is being played, or else the options won't be there), select Filter Properties/Video Renderer, select the DirectDraw tab, and turn everything off (all the checkboxes to the left on my version). With that, I take screenshots with no problem.

BTW, I love your idea. That wacky military advisor was always the most amusing.

This is great! I will use them. :dance:

Attachments

• monalisa.jpg
    monalisa.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 71
Thanks for the comments, everyone (or both of you).
That Mona Lisa sure is funny, Civinator.
But what is it you're trying to say, BadKharma? I can't really see what I need animated gifs for...

That reminds me of a question I have: Most of the advisors usually keep their arms inside the video screen, but sometimes they donøt. I could try to avoid it, but truly some of the best parts of the advisor videos have this problem (the military advisor being the best example). So I just wanted to know if anybody here would be willing to help me photoshop a lot of mising elbows... you will of course be credited. I could try to do it myself, but I really think that it's more important to have it done properly than for me to get all the credit for it.

Sorry, I can´t help you now as I´m very busy in all my remaining civfreetime with completing SOE (some thousand French and Russian units must be placed on the map) and my graphical talent is at best mediocre.

I can do the text:) , but I need a text file with all the advisor comments, for I do not have Civ II!:p

Hi Juul,

is there some progress with your advisors?

Top Bottom