Civilization 4 and Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Vista, and it has worked perfectly. I only had one problem, which I am suffering from right now as I dont want to exit the game without saving. The problem is that the turn wont finish, I just stand on waiting for other civs, but its done loading as I can freely use the mouse to move around the map and the graphichs are just fine as I see planes in the air moving smooth, but still it wont work.

The first one, unpatched BTS that is. Just innstalled BTS 3,13 now, and gonna play with that. That game is over now, wont play it again. A freez like that, where the game haven't actually freezed, but just stopped loading have never happened before. Hopefully wont happen again either.

Everytime I try to install Civ IV, it goes through the entire install process and at the end says "redundancy error" and cancels the entire instalation. Anyone k now what I need to do?
That's a problem with your game reading the disc properly. That normly happens when there is an incompatibility problem somewhere.

I used to have XP here but it was so buggy that the game wouldn't run easily and eventually the whole PC would crash. So I upgraded my vid card and bought vista premium home edition. It's a lot more stable and windows crashes only every 3 days or so.

I used to have XP here but it was so buggy that the game wouldn't run easily and eventually the whole PC would crash. So I upgraded my vid card and bought vista premium home edition. It's a lot more stable and windows crashes only every 3 days or so.

Strange because I have been running vista and mine has crashed 0 times since i got it last year... sounds to me like your running things you should not be running, it also sounds to me like someone does not know how to use a popup blocker(no offense)

Dark Owange whatever. I deal with all kinds of stuff. It's not software. If you have an opinion, that isn't an insult, then say it. Otherwise keep your fingers off the keyboard. Bye.

Dark Owange whatever. I deal with all kinds of stuff. It's not software. If you have an opinion, that isn't an insult, then say it. Otherwise keep your fingers off the keyboard. Bye.

like i said i did not mean to offend you - you just said it like vista sux.;)

Hi have Civ4 complete, and it is working absolutely fine, i'm just started to play a few days ago. So i play against the computer, its year 1945 im on the end of the tech tree, decided for the war end, declared war to my neighbour and send my first sam's and helicopter in the fight. They quickly find the first enemy and so my sam starts the fight against a pikenier......sure thing you should mean....but well never underrestimate a pikenier....he kicked my sam out of these universe?????? How is these working? So i thought i read somewhere something about patch solving of these problem. So i downloaded the 3.13 patch, wanted to install it, an my pc tells me that i should please first install the game because it cant find it on the system. Well that a bit strange, but than i searched for myself, and i just cant find the game on my system. i mean i dont even have a icon to start the play, i allways have to put the disc out and in to get the autostart. ( I dont care about that, i just want to install the patch)!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mathias

Hi everyone on the site. As I see, there as many opinion as many people. I just both new laptop Sony Vaio( some say, crap, I don't care) with bloody VISTA Home (premium, I guess) and tried to install C4.wizard goes trough full instalation process, create ikon on destop and says, when I try to start the game,: C4 has a known compatibility issues, I try to run anyway, but its not runing and says to visit Firaxis site to fix problem, cuz VISTA problem sollutions don't do it, I've tryed install for W XP, run as administrator, not working. So, finaly, I can't play the game. Any sugestions??? I had an old comp, W XP Prof and the game was perfect. In my private opp, each next windows is bigger crap and worse than previous.

Hi have Civ4 complete, and it is working absolutely fine, i'm just started to play a few days ago. So i play against the computer, its year 1945 im on the end of the tech tree, decided for the war end, declared war to my neighbour and send my first sam's and helicopter in the fight. They quickly find the first enemy and so my sam starts the fight against a pikenier......sure thing you should mean....but well never underrestimate a pikenier....he kicked my sam out of these universe?????? How is these working? So i thought i read somewhere something about patch solving of these problem. So i downloaded the 3.13 patch, wanted to install it, an my pc tells me that i should please first install the game because it cant find it on the system. Well that a bit strange, but than i searched for myself, and i just cant find the game on my system. i mean i dont even have a icon to start the play, i allways have to put the disc out and in to get the autostart. ( I dont care about that, i just want to install the patch)!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mathias

Complete is fully patched - there are no additional patches out there as of now. It will not recognize the patches made for the individual games.
As for your problem: there is a reason for the smiley below ;) It can happen even though it should be rare :)
:spear:

Hi everyone on the site. As I see, there as many opinion as many people. I just both new laptop Sony Vaio( some say, crap, I don't care) with bloody VISTA Home (premium, I guess) and tried to install C4.wizard goes trough full instalation process, create ikon on destop and says, when I try to start the game,: C4 has a known compatibility issues, I try to run anyway, but its not runing and says to visit Firaxis site to fix problem, cuz VISTA problem sollutions don't do it, I've tryed install for W XP, run as administrator, not working. So, finaly, I can't play the game. Any sugestions??? I had an old comp, W XP Prof and the game was perfect. In my private opp, each next windows is bigger crap and worse than previous.

I won't comment on Vista - civ4 should work though with patch 1.74, if not please post again :)

@both: Welcome to CFC :band:

I have a new computer now with more than the standard requirements, But when i try to run it with vista i get a window that pops up saying "A problem has caused the program to stop running, Windows will close the program and notify if it finds a solution" Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Uhh... When I start playing on vista I get past "Incorrect CD-ROM", but then it says "Sid Meier's Civilization IV has stopped working."
Please halp!

'Cuz I'm an idiot :crazyeye:.

im running vista x64 and when I start civ4 it will first talk about known compatibility issues and then start loading and then it will say the program has stopped working. (this is before it goes into full screen mode). I haven't tried any patches or anything yet.

@melf: Welcome to Civfanatics :band:
@both:
install the 1.74 patch for Civ4 - that was supposed to solve some problems with Vista. note: it sometimes causes troubles if you patch directly from 1.00 to 1.74 - the safest way is to install 1.61 first and then patch to 1.74.
You'll also need to install DirectX 9c (Note: Windows Vista comes with DirectX 10 - this will not do due to the sinister policies of Microsoft :gripe: - installing 9c will not interfere with 10 though):

DirectX

ok my problum is when i push the play button,it stops and says "CHECK XML"

please help. i have vista and the first time i loaed it this week it played thenm the next day i went to play it does this.ithasnt worked since the first playing

welcome to civfanatics :band: and the posting side :evil:

which game (civ4 or an expansion pack) are you using?
what language is your windows vista (i.e. is it a latin language or non-latin (asian) language windows)?
did you try patching the game?

welcome to civfanatics :band: and the posting side :evil:

which game (civ4 or an expansion pack) are you using?
what language is your windows vista (i.e. is it a latin language or non-latin (asian) language windows)?
did you try patching the game?
sorry for the bad typing,i was tired and hurried it.

its all english and its just the regular civ 4 ive had it for a couple years but it wouldnt play on my old commputer not enough RAM. now i just bought i new one and after the first time i loaded it it played then the next day it wouldnt
the patches didnt help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom