Civilization 5 - Ideas and Views

95% of the world having your religion is pretty much impossible. Also, I'm just gonna go off of what you put at the top of every post and assume that you have Vanilla Civ, so I think you should get BtS before you start dreaming about Civ 5. :)

EDIT: Also, wouldn't Popular kinda be the same thing as Charismatic?

Also, I'd like to see a Civ game that was completely focused around the ancient/classical period. Starting in 4000 BC and ending in maybe 500 AD. That way we'd get some civs we haven't seen before like the Scythians, Parthians, Armenians, Numidians, Goths, Vandals, Huns, etc. Keep all the same techs up to maybe Feudalism and add a bunch of new ones that make sense for the time period. Also I'd like to see more unit variety. Instead of all civs having the same units except for 1 UU, they should only have access to what they actually used. So the Romans might have 5-6 different types of swordsmen but few archer or cavalry types, and the Scythians would have a bunch of cavalry but few infantry, etc.

Also, I'd like to see a Civ game that was completely focused around the ancient/classical period. Starting in 4000 BC and ending in maybe 500 AD. That way we'd get some civs we haven't seen before like the Scythians, Parthians, Armenians, Numidians, Goths, Vandals, Huns, etc. Keep all the same techs up to maybe Feudalism and add a bunch of new ones that make sense for the time period. Also I'd like to see more unit variety. Instead of all civs having the same units except for 1 UU, they should only have access to what they actually used. So the Romans might have 5-6 different types of swordsmen but few archer or cavalry types, and the Scythians would have a bunch of cavalry but few infantry, etc.

That would be great! :)

Also, the Popular Trait: So many leaders would have it. Many of the leaders in the game are leaders because they were popular. People are popular because they're good leaders and hence...

There should be less leaders from the 20th century, and more from the 18th and 19th century. i also want to see Oceania represented. Were there any empires from Oceania? Oh well lol. But hopefully you get the point.

I want to see Obama, Emperor Meiji and Merkel included in the game!

Besides being black (actually, half-white, half-black), Obama hasn't done anything that makes him stand out as a leader.

Fact- Obama made the Isrealis stop the Gaza war - Obama- peace in the middle east

Fact- Obama's stimulus package has made the DOW go up probably saving Firaxis and Civ4

Fact- Obama 1, Pirates 0

Fact- China backed down, crying home to mama san afor the almost godlike Obama.

Civ5 should have Obama no doubt. Greatest president of all time.

Civ5 should have Obama no doubt. Greatest president of all time.
The man has only been president for a couple months, your statement is nonsense at this time. And I'm definately a liberal who supports Obama (though he is a politician, keep that in mind, you should NEVER trust a politician), but I just think it's foolish to call a president great after so short a span in office.

I have a predicition to make: Civ V will trump Civ IV in every way, and will be the greatest strategy game of all.

Civ V will have HD graphics no doubt, a scenario editor more complex yet easy to use than ever, a space age of colonzing other worlds perhaps,hundreds of more random events, a more complex economy system, and everything taht made Civ IV great added in.

Oh dear, it seems that politics has somehow seeped into this thread, I'm bracing myself for a flame war...

I have a predicition to make: Civ V will trump Civ IV in every way, and will be the greatest strategy game of all.

Civ V will have HD graphics no doubt, a scenario editor more complex yet easy to use than ever, a space age of colonzing other worlds perhaps,hundreds of more random events, a more complex economy system, and everything taht made Civ IV great added in.
Oh, stop now, I'm drooling already all over my keyboard! :drool:

Civ V ?? oops. haven't been here for almost 2 years. Civ IV suits me fine. However:

1. support for multicore CPU on 64 bits OS?
2. High res so we can play on HD screens? (have not tried this, forgive me if I'm outdated.)
3. no tiles equal!! Different qualities on different farmlands. Ukraine vs Spain...
4. Leaders and civs: who really cares what they are called. Lets get 100 civs to choose from and get over it.
5. Diplomacy etc: lets get serious and cynical. and academic. Leave behind the teenagers.
6. Fleets. I enjoyed sea battles in earlier Civs. In Civ IV it's boring. 4 fighters on a carrier??

Fact- Obama made the Isrealis stop the Gaza war - Obama- peace in the middle east

No, just a cease-fire. They're a long ways from a permanent peace.

Fact- Obama's stimulus package has made the DOW go up probably saving Firaxis and Civ4

It still remains to be seen whether the stimulus package will be effective in the long run. The US economy is still deteriorating and the government is incurring a huge amout of debt that may come back to haunt it in years to come.

Fact- Obama 1, Pirates 0

Big deal, a bunch of minor thugs against the US military. Some accomplishment. :rolleyes:

Fact- China backed down, crying home to mama san afor the almost godlike Obama.

China could shut down the US in an instant if it decided to pull out all the money they've loaned the US government. The US would become a third world country in no time.

China could shut down the US in an instant if it decided to pull out all the money they've loaned the US government. The US would become a third world country in no time.

and so would china. its a mutualistic relationship believe or not, no one wears the pants on this one.

Lenin(USSR started with Lenin and while hes not evil,he did give power to Stalin)...

Lenin did not give power to Stalin; Lenin did not trust him, and was suspicious of his ambitions. Lenin wanted Trotsky to get power, but Stalin outmanuevered Trotsky and seized power.

Germany - Hitler

Not happening anytime soon. Because although he was immensely influential (in a very bad way), Firaxis would alienate people, and would close off the German market (Germany does not allow images of that rather unpleasant era, going so far as to ban Red/White/Black flags.)

I think it's odd the likes of Stalin and Mao are allowed, but Hitler is not. From my perspective, these three are equally as monstrous (and influential, all 3 should be in the game). Of course, now I'm going to hear about how Mao defeated feudalism from some brainwashed Chinese civ player... As they say though, those that win write the history.

I think it's odd the likes of Stalin and Mao are allowed, but Hitler is not. From my perspective, these three are equally as monstrous. Of course, now I'm going to hear about how Mao defeated feudalism from some brainwashed Chinese civ player... As they say though, those that win write the history.

Exactly. That's why Stalin is there. Although hitler's evil is well known world-wide, Stalin's is not. Why? Because he won. Nobody went to the Soviet Union to check out the gulags. As for mao.., i don't know much about him, other than his "Great Leap Forward" which nearly tore the country apart.

Lenin did not give power to Stalin; Lenin did not trust him, and was suspicious of his ambitions. Lenin wanted Trotsky to get power, but Stalin outmanuevered Trotsky and seized power.

Key word for this conversation is that Stalin was the one who lead the USSR and not Trotsky.Many high schoolers know Lenin wanted a moderate leader and that Stalin was seen as to "Tricky" or to Untrustworthy

Stalin also advanced the USSR in all aspects.It became a true Global power under his rule.

Hitler did not advance Germany to a Global power status because it was already a global power(WW1)

Same can be said about Mao he took China out of the Monarchy/Dynasty which was crippling China

Top Bottom