Civilization 5

But I'm afraid that Sid considers square grid a sort of tradition of the Civilization series... :(

Really? Did he say that in an interview or something? That seems a bit arbitrary, like feeling nostalgia for your old car because the knob on the glove box was square instead of round. :lol:

Really? Did he say that in an interview or something? That seems a bit arbitrary, like feeling nostalgia for your old car because the knob on the glove box was square instead of round. :lol:

Seriously, I think Sid moves in squares when he goes to work at Firaxis or when he runs to bathroom in his house. Certainly he prefers using the diagonal move. Especially when he's in hurry...:)

I think if Sid will consider hexagonal tiles on Civ5 we must wait an year of anarchy first.:sad:

I think if Sid will consider hexagonal tiles on Civ5 we must wait an year of anarchy first.:sad:

Ahh... not quite the word, anarchy is when you are protesting and are idle, meaning unproductive.

He addressed this topic in the last Apolyton interview. It ain't happenin'; get over it.

Or when you change civic...

By the way...
I think next Civ should have "BUG Mod" incorporated. No, wait, the "BUG Mod" should be a Great Wonder.

When you change a civic, you get anarchy, so not really "or".

I also think you mean World Wonder, rather than Great Wonder.

i really wany to see selling of units. you know like in real life. governments sold nukes and tanks and guns and things like that i really wish you could sell and trade any unit. that would be sooo cool. then it would be even more of a challange to try and make sure nukes or other weapons dont fall into the wrong hands. it would add just another diplomatic problem to over come.

You can pretty much play Civ V right now. Check out the modpacks forum. Try the RevDCM mod (with my personal favorite the Wofnshanze add on--though I did make that add on--without the add on though it's still good.) If you try Civ with the RevDCM mod, it's basically the next expansion pack. Better then any comerical ones I've seen in the series at least. Props to Jdog and glider for making it. But seriously, try it if you're jonesing for a new expansion pack on this game. For all intents and purposes it's the next generation of CIV.

As far as an official CiV would go, I'd say Civ:Total War. Basically Civilization with the Total War combat engine. Now that would take strategy games to a whole new level.

RevDCM :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=262937

Wolfnshanz:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=249129

Unit buying (yes, including nukes) can be done in one of the prepackaged BtS mods.

You are reffering to Broken Star?

Yes you can buy units, but you can't sell or trade them with other civs.

much like the slave revolt event under slavery, free market should have a "subprime crisis" random event associated with it, during which the government will be forced to pay 5000g to bail out the corporations. if there's a spare GM or a settled GM, then the player can choose to sacrafice the GM (assign to permenantly head a regulation committee) and cut the bail-out tag to 2000g, if the player founded any corporations, then an additional option is available so that the player may choose to eliminate the bail-out by receive half of the benefits provided by the most widely spread corp the player founded, for the next 20 turns, so that the corp can help pay.

yeah, i know, free market is arguable not that great to warrant a nerf, but i just feel the need to vent after recent events. and besides, this addition doesn't have to be just for FM; I mean, why is slavery the only civic with built-in negative random event, are the other civics so much better that they are disaster-proof?

This could totally be modded into Civ4. I would love to see negative and positive random events for all the civics. Here are a few that jumped out at me:

• Monarchy - death of the monarch without an heir: 1 turn of anarchy empire-wide
  • Representation - Senate overrules emperor: DoW forced or denied
  • Universal Suffrage - supreme court overrules election: mass unhappiness
  • Bureaucracy - Corruption: loss of :hammers: or :commerce:
  • State Property - Starvation due to food shortages: population loss
  • Theocracy - Inquisition: population loss or unhappiness in cities with non-SR

and add a few more government civics like:

Absolute Monarchy: Revolution! 35% chance you will revolt into a Republic (If availible)

Despotism: Your people despise you and are revolting! Anarchy for One turn.

Communist State: Economic Depression, and all your fault: Loss of food and cash.

I... don't get this. It sounds like your saying these should be extra(negative) civics in addition to the 5 we have right now. Do you mean 'disaster' events like the Slave Revolt? If so, that makes more sense...

I... don't get this. It sounds like your saying these should be extra(negative) civics in addition to the 5 we have right now. Do you mean 'disaster' events like the Slave Revolt? If so, that makes more sense...

Yes, that is what I ment- Then for Positives it would be more like this:

Absolute Monarchy: Extra :commerce: and less War :mad:

Despotism: Less War :mad: (Already in game, but It deserves some bonus)

Communist State: No Expansion -:commerce: less war :mad:

well, there is an event that says the president wants to be impeached (with US), and its kinda like the slave revolt.

No, the main opposition party has been exposed as corrupt, and you can either choose to exploit their dilemma by going after as many of their elected representatives as possible (which gives you lots of extra money) or leave the matter to be sorted out by the courts (which gives extra happiness in all your cities for ten turns). There is also a third option where, as in the first, you exploit the quandary of the opposition, but I don't remember exactly what it amounts to or what the reward for it is.

I'd like something closer to Alpha Centauri: with actual altitude for each square. This could lead to more refined terrain types combined to climate.
Also being able to step on the poles... that would lead to an something lika spherical map, but I'm conscious of the difficulty of combining a sphere but the solution is simple: a huge polyhedron.

I woud prefer the next franchise to be a little less demanding. With a 1,5ghz with 1 gig and a good 256mb video card civ IV became awfully slow in late game, even on a standard map - and that was better than minimal syst. requirements. Cutting in the detail of terrain, units or ressources to go for a more schematic appearance instead would make all more fluid without requiring a gaming pc (which is what I had, though a very little older than what was sold when the game was released). Normally a Civilization player is not looking for a graphically realistic game, but for a totally brillant concept with a refined interaction of rules. Remember: I got addictited to Civ.I on a Mac SE.

Oh, I forgot one thing.
Clouds. How useless. They messed world view and were purely cosmetic and could not be removed. Really the stupidest idea ever put on a Civ. game. They would be pertinent though in a global climate dynamic...

Also being able to step on the poles... that would lead to an something lika spherical map, but I'm conscious of the difficulty of combining a sphere but the solution is simple: a huge polyhedron.

This is hardly simple. Are you asking for a 20-tile map? That's the largest regular polyhedron. There are more complicated versions with arrangements of hexagons and pentagons. Using such a map would completely contradict your second request for a game that plays better with fewer resources.

I would really love a spherical map as well, but it's far from a simple task.

Top Bottom