Civilization 5

The Norse gods could be added too, Here are some of my suggestions to the Polytheisms and to other what not...

New Units:
Nosre Warrior 5:strength: 2:move: ( gets +50% more gold pillaging)
Celtic Raider 6:strength: 2:move: ( gets +50% more:gold: from pillaging )
Ambassidor- 3:move: 75% chance you get +1 relations with leader ofcity Ambassidor joins. +1:commerce: for trade routs to that city
Assassin-3:move: can assassinate units for X gold, can assassinate ambassidors and specialtists for X gold
Egyptian Assassin- 4:move: can only be used in enemy capital, assassinates all specialtists for 200 gold, assassinates 2 units for cost of one unit.
Babylonian Inquisitor- 4:move: removes one or two religions ( exept state )
spreads your state religion
Inquisitor- 3:move: removes one religion from city ( except state, and Holy city)
Roman Draftee- ( only 5 can be built )3:strength: 1:move: can upgrade to Roman Private or Praetorian ( Praetorian only if you are Roman Empire ) for 5xp.
Roman Private- ( cannot be built ) 5:strength: 1:move: can upgrade to Roman Officer for 10xp.
Roman Officer- (cannot be built) 7:strength: 2:move: can enlist Roman Draftee for one pop. in city Officer is in
Greek Scientist- 1:move: can join city as scientist with +5:science: and +2:gold:

New Buildings:
Greek Temple- allows production of Greek Missionary, and Greek Scientist (requires Greek Polytheism Religion in city)
Roman Temple- allows production of Roman Missionary (requires Roman Polytheism Religion in city)
Egyptian Temple- allows production of Eygptian Missionary, and Egyptian Assassin ( requires Egyptian Polytheism )
Norse Champions Hall- allows production of Norse Missionary, and Norse Warrior ( requires Norse Polytheism )
Babylonian Temple- allows production of Babylonian Missionary, and Babylonian Ambassidor (requires Babylonian Polytheism)
Celtic Cheiften Hut- allows production of Celtic Missonary and Celtic Raider (requires Celtic Polytheism)
Roman Barracks- Allows production of Roman Draftee (requires Roman Polytheism)

New Wonders-
None

New Religions-
Roman Polytheism ( Roman Mythology )
Greek Polytheism (Greek Mythology)
Celtic Polytheism (Celtic Mythology)
Babylonian Polytheism (Babylonian Mythology)
Egyptian Polytheism (Egyptian Mythology)
Norse Polytheism (Norse Mythology)

New Techs-
Roman Mythology
Greek Mythology
Celtic Mythology
Babylonian Mythology
Egyptian Mythology
Norse Mythology

New game dimension-

Please reply to my post if you want to ask for changes or new things!

Well not to get your hopes up to much, but I am working on something to add some more aka pagan religions now. But it is different then you are suggesting but could be adapted if you wanted to work on it.

I am working on the ability for each civilization to start with one of 16 major pagan religions.

Here are some rough sketches the names probably will be altered later,

Celtic(West Europe)
Nordic(North Europe)
Slavic(East Europe)
Hellenic(Greek and Rome)
Amun-Ra(Egpyt)
Anunaki(Middle East)
Yaxche(Central America)
Inti(South America)
Midewiwin(North America)
Tengri(Siberia)
Shinto(Japan)
Chinese(East Asia)
Vedic(Indian Subcontinent and Iranian)
Yoruba(West Africa)
San(South Africa)
Dreamtime(Pacific and Australia)

But each will have the ability to sacrifice units to gain temporary bonuses in a city. There will be two for each. Like for example but this is not definite. The Hellenism religion you receive a boost in science or you could get a boost in culture when sacrificing a unit.

They will begin with the religion like I said before so no techs needed. I may add more in the future. I am working on these in the World of Civilization, and trying to add 30 denominations at the moment to the aka non-Pagan religions. So you can just remove a folder if you do not want the religion. And the thing that blocked people earlier from making more was the GameFont.tga and GameFont_75.tga.

It only allowed around 25 religions and corporations combined before having errors with how things are displayed in the game. The World of Civilization has a new GameFont.tga and GameFont_75.tga that increased this to 184 religions, 184 corporations, and 368 resources.

So anyway just thought might be interested. It is not the same as you suggested but it is something, and with 184 spots now available you could see how this could be increased.

Johny, I didn't mean to add 500 new religions, I only meant to shed light on more polytheisms than Hindu and Buddism.ok, back on track ( sorry about that )

New Units-
Aztec Priest- 2:move: when In a city the priest can sacrifice a unit for +3:) for 20 turns

New Wonders-
Leaning Tower of Pisa- +1:commerce: in plots around city, +1:gold: per turn

New Buildings-
Aztec Temple- can train Aztec Priest and Missonary

New Religions-
Aztec Polytheism

New Techs-
Aztec Mythology

Not a half bad idea but you really went off in a different dirction then what I meant. First of all, more than half the "Pagan religions" you named are ethnic groups, and I am sorry but, I really HATE:mad::mad::mad::mad: it WHEN PEOPLE CALL THE CELTICS PAGANS!
For petes sake! The Celtics are a God [BLEEP] ethnic group! Sorry dude, but I get upset when people call an ethnic group I belong to a pagan!

Ok so they had a religion though and it goes by a name. A name I do not have. And it was just as pagan as any other.

Johny, I didn't mean to add 500 new religions, I only meant to shed light on more polytheisms than Hindu and Buddism.ok, back on track ( sorry about that )

Yes but you meant to add stereotypically known religions. And there is more to religions then what you mentioned, but the standard civilization is not ready to break it's western eggshell on some of these I am sure.

I am looking at way sorry to serious balance other cultures with their old religions added. India is a good example. Hinduism just did not start with the Big Bang of the universe. It progressed from the old Vedic religion. The old religion had sacrifice and worshiped mostly a fire deity.

The point is when you start researching these religions more and you want to include religions for all of the civs. Then you need more.

The other 30 I have planned are denominations if that is what you are referring to as too many. And if you think orthodoxy or catholicism was not as important as the pagans you are wrong.

So continue on I will not interrupt anymore. But think how did Buddhism really start. Who were the Jains? Or what were the former names of the Hindu gods before? What did Juleas Caesar write down about the Celts and how they worshiped a totally different pantheon?

Simple might be better. And stereotypical views always sells well. So ya great for Civ5. You know it man!

All I know is I hope they KEEP the religion aspect of the game for Civ 5. It's a fun and realistic dynamic and I would absolutely hate it if they took it out for the sequal.

All I know is I hope they KEEP the religion aspect of the game for Civ 5. It's a fun and realistic dynamic and I would absolutely hate it if they took it out for the sequal.

Like I said, I DID NOT WANT TO ADD 500 NEW Religions! Beides, when I said I wanted to shed light on more polytheisms, I meant WELL KNOWN polytheisms.

Ok, got some new Ideas...

New Units-
Pagan Warrior(unique unit for Barbs, replaces Warrior) 2:strength: 1:move:
Pagan Archer(^, replaces Archer) 3:strength: 1:move:
Terrorist(^, replaces spy)2:move:
Suicide Bomber(^,Does'nt replace anything) 5:move: (can destroy one building) (50% chance of Success)
New Wonders-
Twin Towers- +1 relations with two leaders,+1:commerce: in all city plots on continent

New Buildings-
Pagan Temple, allows contruction of Pagan Archer

While some Buddhists may believe in multiple gods, Buddhism at its core is not a polytheistic religion, and makes no claims to the existence of god(s). Indeed, many Buddhists are atheistic (that is, don't believe in any god).

One of the other interesting aspects of Buddhism that the developers didn't include in Civ IV, is that one can be Buddhist and still believe in and practice other religions.

While some Buddhists may believe in multiple gods, Buddhism at its core is not a polytheistic religion, and makes no claims to the existence of god(s). Indeed, many Buddhists are atheistic (that is, don't believe in any god).

One of the other interesting aspects of Buddhism that the developers didn't include in Civ IV, is that one can be Buddhist and still believe in and practice other religions.

Well Izzy ain't going to be having none of that!

Actually Buddhists worship idols in belief of their god...

:rolleyes: You have to nitpick all of my posts don't you rysmiel?

I do have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about people saying "everyone wants X" about the game when it's something that it would make it a great deal worse from my perspective; other than that, I think the point of the discussions here is to bounce ideas around and come up with the best possible set of notions on how Civ 5 might or should be, and I hope my disagreement with some of your perspectives - which I think is in a large part wanting to some major things that I think were really bad ideas in Civ IV removed, and a return to development form mechanics shown to work in earlier games, so I have little sympathy for "improvements" to mechanics that are to my mind fundamentally broken - does not come across as personal antipathy. if it has I apologise.

Apologie accepted...
Got some more ideas!
New Units-
Crusader(Holy war only)(Christianity)7:strength:1:move:
Islam Archer(Holy war only)(Islam)7:strength:1:move:
Buddist War Monk(Holy war only)(Buddhism)7:strength:1:move:
Hindu War Elephant(Holy war only)(Buddhism)7:strength:1:move:
Rouge Swordsman(has dual blades!:D)-8:strength:1:move:
Rouge Axeman(BIG AXE!!!)-6:strength:1:move:
Midevil Infantry-6:strength:1:move:
Hero( like gp )- Is its own unit with X(power of strongest unit):strength:

Be back with more!