Civilization 6 console version update?

JokerKara

Chieftain
I was just about to get Midnight Suns game, but before - I launched new marathon Civ6 game on PS4, just to check if it's playable already. Does anyone have some clue about last patch? - because I have noticed that there was some download, but I can't tell what that was exactly, probably nothing big and nothing new, as I can't find any information about it. Last time I played Civ6 on my PS4 around 10 months ago. The game was crashing at the end, not mention the annoying bugs, like other civs not improving resources and luxuries, etc. I've read later that Firaxis was able to fix most of these post NFP issues on PC, but what about console version? Did they left it broken? Because I would be voting with my wallet here, and untill they will deliver the playable game, that I've paid full price for, plus all the adds - I won't be buying their Midnight Suns or any other title in that matter.

I got it...but if it really would be that difficult to get another couple of developers and fix the game on consoles? Come on, Firaxis. It's really a shame...

Ach, maybe I asked the wrong question. It should go on like this - is that to much to ask for? - to have a playable game that I've paid for?

The console versions are officially in April 2021 game state.

Next gen Xbox consoles got a hotfix patch last summer/fall, but it seems purely to correct crashing brought about by a Microsoft system update.

There was also an unannounced update last month in April around the time the game was brought to Xbox Games Pass, but it must have been related to same because no other changes were announced or observed.

Ach, maybe I asked the wrong question. It should go on like this - is that to much to ask for? - to have a playable game that I've paid for?
No, but it is not on Firaxis. :) This is an Aspyr issue.

No, but it is not on Firaxis. :) This is an Aspyr issue.
But it kinda is. Its their game after all.
If its about contract then they should force Aspyr to do it or its a breach of contract and get someone else to do it.

Practically? I doubt it would take a modder from this forum half a day to make such an update to the game that fixes the science bug and improving luxuries bug.

And whats up with Aspyr really? Quick Google search suggests they are fine and still making games. Can you provide some source that explains why they won't support this game anymore?

But it kinda is. Its their game after all.
If its about contract then they should force Aspyr to do it or its a breach of contract and get someone else to do it.

Practically? I doubt it would take a modder from this forum half a day to make such an update to the game that fixes the science bug and improving luxuries bug.

And whats up with Aspyr really? Quick Google search suggests they are fine and still making games. Can you provide some source that explains why they won't support this game anymore?

Around the initial announcement of the Leader Pass in December, there were some articles detailing that Aspyr was behind/unable to meet other obligations they had to much more higher profile/priority contracts then console Civ.

That was used to infer that support for consoles for Civ wouldn't be happening, considering it's been radio silence from Firaxis for two years now and they mostly ignored console-specific concerns when the game was being actively supported anyway.

I'm not really sure what that patch changes, I checked my last game and it's still crashes at the end phase.

Are you sure? :O Did you play the zombie mode and noticed some combat strength nerf?
Absolutely.

I'm playing a Zombie game RN on my Switch (b'cos I am on summer vacation).

But still they are formidable, but don't gain +1 mutation strength per zombie killed. Civpedia also changed.

Top Bottom