'Civilization: Beyond Earth' announced!

I know it's probably too soon to ask. But is there any word on distribution? As in is this going to be another steam only thing or are there going to be hard copies?
Given recent habit of 2K, I imagine it will be a Steamworks game. You can still buy disks to save you the download (if you can get it to work - the one time I did, it worked fine).

It would be awesome if they made a civ 6, and add new features including a huge graphics update. I mean, civ can have so many intuitive new features if firaxis wants to.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Given recent habit of 2K, I imagine it will be a Steamworks game. You can still buy disks to save you the download (if you can get it to work - the one time I did, it worked fine).
I wonder if they're doing a fancy boxed version, like the Civ 5 special edition. I'm a sucker for art books, I have to admit...

To be honest, it would have to be a really nice box set to entice me into an EB

Thanks Firaxis... you made my day.

Yeah and who knows, the hard copy could save you a whopping 1GB all told after mandatory patches and updates. That's pretty much the current situation with Vanilla Civ 5. :crazyeye:

Yeah and who knows, the hard copy could save you a whopping 1GB all told after mandatory patches and updates. That's pretty much the current situation with Vanilla Civ 5. :crazyeye:
That wouldn't be the case on release of a new game though - because those patches and updates have accumulated over several years.

Is it bad that the thing I'm excited most about is the Linux support?

No I'm pumped for it to be on Linux! It's about time. :) I hope we can download the file though. CD/DVDs are a little old-school.

[EDIT] I've been away from the community for a while - but I'm assuming downloading through steam is possible?

Yes, I've used it for the Civ5 expansions. A little slow though on my end, but that's because of my internet connection.

Does 2K intend to release a physical product for Civilization: BE? I would be a bit surprised if they didn't considering it's a well known franchise but stranger things have happened. :0

I really hope that CivBE units and 3D graphics can be converted into Civ5 and vice versa. WH40K fans would go nuts for a mod in either Civ5, CivBE, or both.

I'm afraid there will be intellectual property issues. Imagine people who have Civ5, but not CBE, or have CBE, but not Civ5. They shouldn't have access to the content from the game they don't own.

There's lots of units in CIV -and CiV downloads that originated in another game.

Do you think this new civ will have the same graphic requirements, it seems that it is very similar to civ 5 in design such as shapes and makes me feel like they will be using code and stuff from civ 5?

Do you think this new civ will have the same graphic requirements, it seems that it is very similar to civ 5 in design such as shapes and makes me feel like they will be using code and stuff from civ 5?
It's the Civ 5 engine, it will most likely run on everything that runs Civ 5.

Totally pumped about this game! So pumped, I had to join and tell you! Woo! :eekdance:

EDIT: It's also been mentioned that the graphics will be Civ V based, but will be streamlined so it's less resource intensive for entry level PCs! ...Didn't stop me from buying a new GPU though, LOL :D

Top Bottom