Civilization VI iPad FAQ

Aspyr_Lucy

Chieftain
CivVI-BlogPostFAQ-M.jpg

Hey Civfanatics! Aspyr Media here to help answer any and all questions you might have about the iPad version of Civilization VI.

First off, here's the info from our FAQ posted on our support page:

Technical Requirements

Q: Which iPads does this work on?

A: Civilization VI requires iOS 11.1.2 on an iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, or any iPad Pro.

Q: How do the touch controls differ from PC?

A: The touch controls are very intuitive:

• Tapping units selects them. Dragging a unit to a tile will move and attack.
  • Press and hold to view tooltips.
  • Pinch to zoom the map.
  • Single-finger scrolling works on lists and moving the map.
  • Three-finger tapping can be used to close menus.
Q: Is Civilization VI coming to Android or iPhone?

A: As of today, Civilization VI is only available on iPad. However, we are continuing to evaluate opportunities to eventually bring Civilization VI to other platforms.

Q: How long does the battery last?

A: In our tests, more than three hours of gameplay on a full charge.

Q: Are controllers supported?

A: No.

Q: What languages are supported at release?

A: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese. Brazilian-Portuguese features text-only support.

Gameplay

Q: Does Civilization VI on iPad have multiplayer?

A: Yes. It is important to note that as of this point, multiplayer is LAN only.

Q: What content is included with Civilization VI on iPad?

A: Civilization VI on iPad includes the original base game. It does not include DLC or the Rise and Fall expansion.

Q: What about DLC or the new Rise and Fall expansion?

A: We hope to support DLC and expansions in the future but cannot confirm timing or availability at this time.

Q: Can I play my friend who is on PC/ Mac while on my iPad?

A: Not at this time.
Alright, now that those are all laid out for you, we'd like to know what other feedback or questions you might have. Already have the game and are running into performance issues on a supported iPad model? Open a support ticket with all the details here: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm waiting to buy this until it can cross-platform multiplayer against a PC.

It doesn't include ANY of the DLC civs? That's unfortunate.

iPad Air 2 with the up to date operating system does work but it will freeze a lot. No one seems to know the reason so might have to upgrade to new iPad.

View attachment 488390

Hey Civfanatics! Aspyr Media here to help answer any and all questions you might have about the iPad version of Civilization VI.

First off, here's the info from our FAQ posted on our support page:

Technical Requirements

Q: Which iPads does this work on?

A: Civilization VI requires iOS 11.1.2 on an iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, or any iPad Pro.

Q: How do the touch controls differ from PC?

A: The touch controls are very intuitive:

• Tapping units selects them. Dragging a unit to a tile will move and attack.
  • Press and hold to view tooltips.
  • Pinch to zoom the map.
  • Single-finger scrolling works on lists and moving the map.
  • Three-finger tapping can be used to close menus.
Q: Is Civilization VI coming to Android or iPhone?

A: As of today, Civilization VI is only available on iPad. However, we are continuing to evaluate opportunities to eventually bring Civilization VI to other platforms.

Q: How long does the battery last?

A: In our tests, more than three hours of gameplay on a full charge.

Q: Are controllers supported?

A: No.

Q: What languages are supported at release?

A: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese. Brazilian-Portuguese features text-only support.

Gameplay

Q: Does Civilization VI on iPad have multiplayer?

A: Yes. It is important to note that as of this point, multiplayer is LAN only.

Q: What content is included with Civilization VI on iPad?

A: Civilization VI on iPad includes the original base game. It does not include DLC or the Rise and Fall expansion.

Q: What about DLC or the new Rise and Fall expansion?

A: We hope to support DLC and expansions in the future but cannot confirm timing or availability at this time.

Q: Can I play my friend who is on PC/ Mac while on my iPad?

A: Not at this time.
Alright, now that those are all laid out for you, we'd like to know what other feedback or questions you might have. Already have the game and are running into performance issues on a supported iPad model? Open a support ticket with all the details here: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Civ6 is completely unplayable on my up-to-date 2017 iPad Air2. Unless it works on the new, 2021 iPad Pro don’t waste your money. Aspyr has known about this for years and have yet to fix it.

It looks like an official account, so I'll listen to it, but when will the NFP be released?

2K official is "scheduled to be released in the second half of 2020" Is there any announcement?

Are you not willing to put it out?

Civ6 is completely unplayable on my up-to-date 2017 iPad Air2. Unless it works on the new, 2021 iPad Pro don’t waste your money. Aspyr has known about this for years and have yet to fix it.
Works ok on my 2020 iPad Pro, a bit slow to but the game runs fine.
was crashy on my previous 2018 basic ipad.

It looks like an official account, so I'll listen to it, but when will the NFP be released?

2K official is "scheduled to be released in the second half of 2020" Is there any announcement?

Are you not willing to put it out?
NFP came out late August 2021.

hello colleagues,

i know civilization 6 publisher does not offer support for samsung galaxy a8. Is there any way or trick to play this device anyway? Is it even possible?

Works ok on my 2020 iPad Pro, a bit slow to but the game runs fine.
was crashy on my previous 2018 basic ipad.

NFP came out late August 2021.
iPad Pro user here too (2022 model). Noticed the same as well. Game runs fine, though with a bit of stuttering, so it’s not butter smooth but quite ok to play. Also when using an external monitor with keyboard and mouse, the game UI toolbars and assets are big but doesn’t scale for a larger display. So the whole window is bigger along with assets and toolbars.

Top Bottom