Resource icon

Civilization VI suomeksi

Merri

Warlord
Merri submitted a new resource:

Civilization VI suomeksi - Finnish language pack

New Civ, new Finnish language pack!

Since translating stuff is a slow thing to do and I'm doing this with quality and heart in mind there isn't all that much done yet, just enough to bother with a release already.

Since I'm working with Git there are continuous releases as I'm working with the language pack. The project is hosted on GitHub.

Currently created as a Mod since Text user folder apprears to have been removed in Civ 6. Sniff...

Read more about this resource...

2016-11-05.png

Also: yes, the IV-typo has been fixed to VI after taking this screenshot :)

Last edited:
I found translation goes a lot quicker if I paste it into Google, then just correct it. Saves a lot of typing... Hope that helps.

The language pack has now been transitioned from being a Mod into a Text directory based solution, which makes it a real language option in the game settings menu instead :) Far less buggy behavior!

Also commits keep flowing into the GitHub repo.

---

Kielipaketti on nyt muutettu modista Text-hakemistoon pohjautuvaksi häkkyräksi ja paketin asentamisen jälkeen suomen voi valita pelin asetusten kielivalikosta :)

Inspired by the above a friend and I have started a project for a Swedish translation. Also hosted on Github. Only a few files done so far. Also interested in quality over speed... :)

upload_2016-11-20_23-31-27.png

Menyer klara och en del inne i spelet - Det som inte är översatt ännu är på engelska. Instruktioner om du vill testa finns här:
github.com/fredzgreen/Civilization6_SwedishTranslation2
:)

Started new thread :goodjob:

Last edited:
Rise and Fall update changes to vanilla game have already been applied to Finnish translation (so the translation doesn't "lie" about stuff).

The most recent version is always available at GitHub. I don't know when I get myself to do a versioned release again that could replace the age old version available here.

Last edited:
Okay, now I'm a "bit" angry: Rise and Fall breaks the current method of adding a translation into the game.

I wanted to play the game, not spend my afternoon debugging what is wrong and how to make language work again - in both Vanilla and Rise and Fall. Sigh.

Edit!
Phew, the breaking change is small and only had to adjust SQL to add one more value to the Languages table as there are five fields now and not four like before.

Last edited:
This translation has now been released on
Steam Workshop!

The Mod automatically swaps between Vanilla and Rise & Fall translation depending on what has been installed on player's machine.

Top Bottom