[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.

Please use this thread to discuss the new Civilization VI: Leader Pass.

Curated list of new information & features can be found at this link - Civilization VI: Leader Pass Features Thread

Announcement Trailer

Overview

Note: There are three separate areas of the Civilization site that contain descriptions of the Leader Pass. Each one offers information regarding the Pass in varying degrees of detail. I've included all three for the sake of completeness.

From the Civilization site at this link - Civilization VI: Leader Pass

Return to rule with the Civilization VI: Leader Pass* and build the greatest empire in history with a huge roster of new and familiar faces. Throughout six DLC packs scheduled for release between November 2022 and March 2023**, we'll introduce 12 new leaders to the Steam, Epic, Mac App Store, and iOS versions of Civilization VI alongside six new takes on classic Civilization leaders. For PC, if you purchase Civilization VI Anthology (or purchase all of the content that's included in it separately at any time), you'll be eligible to receive the Leader Pass for no additional charge. For Mac App Store and iOS, the Civilization VI: Leader Pass is available for individual purchase only.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

From the Civilization site at this link - Civilization VI: Anthology

Expand your roster of historical leaders with the Civilization VI: Leader Pass. The Leader Pass introduces 18 new leader selections via six DLC packs scheduled for release between November 2022 and March 2023. England's Elizabeth I, Egypt's Ramses, and the United States' Abraham Lincoln are among 12 all-new leaders entering the fray, along with six new takes on existing leaders with different abilities and agendas. Will you ally with Barbarians as China's Qin Shi Huang the Unifier? Wage war as Arabia's Sultan Saladin? Usher in a golden age of culture as Mali's Sundiata Keita? With the Leader Pass, there are more options and obstacles on your road to building a great empire than ever before.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

From the Civilization site at this link - Civilization VI: Leader Pass Announcement

Civilization VI is about to get even bigger! In the coming months we'll be introducing 12 new leaders and six new takes on existing leaders to the Steam, Epic, Mac App Store, and iOS versions of Civilization VI. These incoming leaders for existing civilizations are included as part of Civilization VI Anthology or available to purchase separately as part of the new Leader Pass.¹

The new and updated leaders listed below are scheduled for release in groups of three between November 21 2022 and March 2023.² Each leader will arrive with a suite of surprising new or updated abilities alongside inventive new agendas that'll change the way you play when pursuing world domination.

Release Packs

Pack 1: Great Negotiators (Available on Monday November 21st)

Pack 2: Great Commanders³ (Available on Thursday December 15th)

Pack 3: Rulers of China (Available on Thursday January 19th)

Pack 4: Rulers of Sahara (Available on Thursday February 16th)

Pack 5: Great Builders (Available on Wednesday March 15th)

Pack 6: Rulers of England (Available on Wednesday March 29th)

For Windows PC, if you purchase Civilization VI Anthology (or purchase all of the content that's included in it separately at any time), you'll be eligible to receive the Leader Pass for no additional charge. For Mac App Store and iOS, the Civilization VI: Leader Pass is available for individual purchase only.

Check back soon for more information on these new leaders' respective abilities and agendas.

1 Base game required to access Civilization VI: Leader Pass content. Some prior DLC required to play some content included in the Leader Pass.
2 Release dates are estimated and subject to change. Leader Pass content will be automatically delivered in-game as it is released.
3 Requires Persia & Macedon Scenario Pack to play.
4 Requires Gathering Storm expansion to play.
5 Requires New Frontier Pass and Byzantium & Gaul Pack to play.
6 Requires Rise & Fall expansion to play.

Last edited:
Last edited:
1668535343628.png

Pack 1: Great Negotiators

• Abraham Lincoln (United States)
  • Queen Mbande Nzinga (Kongo)
  • Sultan Saladin (Arabia)
Pack 2: Great Commanders

• Tokugawa (Japan)
  • Nader Shah (Persia)3
  • Suleiman the Magnificent (Ottoman Empire)4
Pack 3: Rulers of China

• Yongle (China)
  • Qin Shi Huang the Unifier (China)
  • Wu Zetian (China)
Pack 4: Rulers of Sahara

• Ramses (Egypt)
  • Ptolemaic Cleopatra (Egypt)
  • King Sundiata Keita (Mali)4
Pack 5: Great Builders

• Theodora (Byzantines)5
  • Sejong (Korea)6
  • Ludwig II (Germany)
Pack 6: Rulers of England

• Elizabeth I (England)
  • Varangian Harald Hardrada (Norway)
  • Victoria - Age of Steam (England)
From civilization.com: https://civilization.com/news/entries/new-leaders-coming-to-civilization-vi/

And it looks like Zhu Di/Yongle isn’t scenario only! Wow.

So pack 1 of 6 is two leaders, one of them is Abe Lincoln which I will never play with, I hope the other one is more exciting. Release in November is nice though.

Really like the roster. Looks like the leak was close but not perfect. Which I like since a) it kept some surprises for us and b) I found it really odd to have no Arabian alt in it. Glad we're at least getting a reskin. Although now I'm a bit disappointed by Rome not getting a single alt leader when both China and England will end up with 5 leaders/personas.

While the trailer is somewhat underwhelming, the fact that it's free if you have all the present DLCs or the Anthology Bundle more than makes up for it. :D

Not a single in-game screenshot? :(

Anyway, have to admit Nader Shah might get me playing again. Never thought we'd ever see a post-Achaemenid leader of Persia. Would have preferred a Sassanid myself, but I'll take it. Also unironically pleased that we're presumably getting Cleopatra in Greek clothes. If you're going to choose a Ptolemy for Egypt, live with your choice. :p Have to ask, though, did we really need a persona pack for Victoria? :huh:

So what does Suliman, Saladin, Victoria mean? is it like rough rider teddy and normal teddy?
Yep. They now have Personas.
Although now I'm a bit disappointed by Rome not getting a single alt leader when both China and England will end up with 5 leaders/personas.
Huh, I missed that. That is a bit sad.

Top Bottom