Civilopedia missing texts

Dastingo

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

So I downloaded AND 1.75 and installed it, the mod folder was this: "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn".

The mod is working with no problems, but there is something wrong with the Civilopedia, The units tab show some units with missing text entries, like in the screenshots, this problem does not appear in any other tabs.

I'm using BtS 3.19, no other modmods, I'm using both Formations and Blue Marble.

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

BTW, Awesome mod Afforess. :goodjob:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 140
You mean any xml file? doesn't matter which one?

Edit: Tried to add those lines to "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\Text\RoM_GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml" and nothing happened, Those units didn't disappear.

You mean any xml file? doesn't matter which one?

Edit: Tried to add those lines to "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\Text\RoM_GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml" and nothing happened, Those units didn't disappear.

Do you have the Manhattan Project as it says its required?

I'm not sure what you mean, I'm using the Civilopedia from the main menu (the screenshots show that :)), But also the in-game Civilopedia shows the missing texts, and if you look at their models some units are ancient times units, they can't nuke enemy lands, can they? :confused:

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I also have the exact problem. I have it worse than the TS since I am on AND 1.76 beta 5:
- Only those "restricted units" + the first two legal unit entries (A-10 Thunderbomb and the A-Bomb) are present in units section of the pedia.
- Nothing shows up when you click on the unit entries.
- Only non-military units appear in the Unit Categories.
- The game crashes when you hover over the unit portraits found in different sections of the pedia (no unit info popup appears).
- You CAN hover over them ingame (eg. inside the Technology screen or City Build screen), but the unit's strength does not appear.
- You can still play the game normally for that matter.

I'm no expert in codes, but it seems that there is a bug regarding the display of a unit's strength, as evidenced by points 2 & 4. However, the two legal entries that I have DOES show their strengths, so... any tips? Thanks!

Several people have this problem as far as I have seen, myself included. The answer a couple months ago was to get another .dll file, iirc, but I didn't understand the answer on where to get the working one :confused:

Came here now hoping for a new build fixing it, but no such luck. Anyone around that can give a "for dummies"-explanation of a fix for this problem?

Play with the beta ;). It is no longer present in the 1.76.

It's the other way around: I've not seen the issue katongoukakyuu describe before the 1.76-version, but it's certainly there with the latest version.

Weird. Download again, because I certainly don't see that.

Download 1.75 and install it. Install the beta over it. Be careful you do it properly.

Sevopedia still does not function with half of the units having a TXT_KEY_RESTRICTED_UNIT in place of a description. I've tried patching it with version C which was provided by Afforess--which is more than adequate for fixing the problem Afforess stated could be resolved with just patch A--and upgrading to Beta doesn't fix the bug either. So could somebody please offer a permanent solution. Thank you.

Top Bottom