CivLegacy.com

Provost Martin

Chieftain
Hey guys. I just wanted to stop by to give you a heads up of a new civ site called CivLegacy.com. The site has all the basics set up, and I hope to expand on that as time goes by.

I have tried to create a place that is little bit different from the major civ fan sites, and I hope that will show. It should by no means be seen as a competitor to this site or any other, but more like a complement or inviting alternative for people who just want to enjoy some friendly civ discussions.

If anyone remember a site a called CivCenter from almost a decade ago (I can't believe how fast time goes by!) please stop by and say hello. I used to run that one! It'd be great to see some old faces, bu I'm not sure anyone still follows the game or hangs out here.

Anyway, CivLegacy.com. :king:

Been there.
I think I'll rather stay here.
Even though I like your layout. I think it's nicely done. And yet ...

CFC rules them all. :)

I'm a bit confused. The name is CivLegacy, but the focus is on Civ5? I expected it would focus on the "legacy" due to the name - Civ1, Civ2, and Civ3, possibly Call to Power as well. The large "legacy" community has been a large part of what's made CFC my primary Civ site.

But Civ5 probably is the best one to target to bring in newcomers. And you're doing a good job with the news postings, which the folks at WePlayCiv reckon are important to attracting forum-goers.

First bug report, though: The forum appears to be fixed-width, which causes issues when someone includes a very large picture in their post. See the attached screenshot of the only thread in the Civ4 forum. I've tested this in Opera 10.50, Firefox 3.6, and IE8, and they all have the issue shown in the screenshot. The only browser I've tested that displays the entire post, without cutting it off, is Netscape 4.7. But it doesn't display the backgrounds, so it's not 100% compatible, either.

Sorry for the blurriness, CFC auto-jpg'ed it.

The "Legacy" part alludes to where the site originates from. And there will be more legacy specific content in the near future. Hopefully that will make things more clear.

Thanks, I'm aware of this problem. It's inherit to the forum software. There are a number of these problematic "bugs" that has to be churned out, so I really appreciate the input. :)

Top Bottom