• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

CivRev: All About Saladin and Napoleon

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
New updates on the Civilization Revolution website contain information on two more of the game's leaders: Saladin of the Arabs and Napoleon of the French. Below are their civilization's respective bonuses for each age:

Bonuses for the Arabs
Starting: Begin with knowledge of Religion
Ancient: +50% caravan gold
Medieval: Free Mathematics tech
Industrial: +1 Horseman/Knight attack
Modern: 2% interest on gold

Bonuses for the French
Starting: Begin the game with a Cathedral
Ancient: Receive knowledge of Pottery
Medieval: Half-price Roads
Industrial: +2 Cannon attack
Modern: +1 Riflemen movement
Unique Units: Catapult becomes Trebuchet, Artillery becomes Howitzer

Be sure to check out the updates on the CivRev website for more info, including their civilopedia entries and fun facts.

Cool to know! Civ specific bonuses is one of the areas of the game that I am more interested at - I am really liking the concept of different accumulative bonuses for each era.

The Arabs seems like an early civ, but its industrial time bonus is a bit crappy (tanks > calvary).

The French ones are quite cool: cultural building for the early game and military buildup by late game.

france seems like a good civ to play

Industrial: +1 Horseman/Knight attack
Modern: 2% interest on gold

The interest isn't the best for Saladin, but if he wasnt Muslim, then he wouldnt have that limitation, and who says you have to play with him as a Muslim?

Also, as people said before, the Industrial bonus is really stupid, and I hope that the Arab civilization is more well done than the one in Civ IV

Top Bottom