Civs excluding each other from appearing in MP: Possible?

DoodlesTheDragon

Chieftain
I was wondering if it is possible to make 2 civs unable to spawn in the same game in multiplayer as the randoms. For example, to prevent 2 Japan civs (one being a modded leader) from showing up in the same game.

I have seen this is possible in singleplayer thanks to the Really Advanced Setup - Group Add-ons mod, where you can set civs as part of a group and how many of that group can show up in the same game. Great mod! But it does not work in multiplayer. So I wonder if there's another way to do this in MP?

I strongly predict the answer is no, as I'm just about certain I would have seen someone make a mod for this by now. But I figured I may as well ask to be sure.

To be clear I have asked this question in the multiplayer forum but did not get a response from anyone else, and I figure it's a lot more active here.

I was wondering if it is possible to make 2 civs unable to spawn in the same game in multiplayer as the randoms. For example, to prevent 2 Japan civs (one being a modded leader) from showing up in the same game.

I have seen this is possible in singleplayer thanks to the Really Advanced Setup - Group Add-ons mod, where you can set civs as part of a group and how many of that group can show up in the same game. Great mod! But it does not work in multiplayer. So I wonder if there's another way to do this in MP?

I strongly predict the answer is no, as I'm just about certain I would have seen someone make a mod for this by now. But I figured I may as well ask to be sure.

To be clear I have asked this question in the multiplayer forum but did not get a response from anyone else, and I figure it's a lot more active here.

You can use random.org (or whatever other method you like; coin flips, decks of cards, eeny, meeny, miny, moe) to generate a random number and select the AI civs based on that. The downside is that you lose the mystery of who's who.

You can use random.org (or whatever other method you like; coin flips, decks of cards, eeny, meeny, miny, moe) to generate a random number and select the AI civs based on that. The downside is that you lose the mystery of who's who.

Well that site should be useful. And your response confirmed my suspicion. Thanks Recursive!

It's probably for the better as I've read somewhere that choosing leaders gets less instability than randomizing them, so now I can stick to that. Plus it can still seem randomized to the others if they don't try to watch me selecting all the leaders.

Top Bottom