civsprite

Civsprite works fine for me. If the error is appearing when the app is actually able to run, then problem is with the files.
The "units" file and "units_mask" file must be identical size and format. I tend to take the units file, add a black layer with
a 50% opacity, and draw the white areas onto the units to be used in the SPR file. Then I increase opacity to 100%,
and flatten the layers, and save off the file as units_mask. Also delete any old SPR files in your scenario folder.

As I said, it works fine for me. I am using 64-bit Windows 7.

Yeah the problem I had was one of my own making; I was trying to export from a spr file which apparently doesn't work. Making one apparently does.

@Mercator Welcome back!

I'm not really back exactly, just passing through, but thanks @techumseh and @Fairline. :)

You might want to look at that thread I linked to. :p
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civsprite-2-beta-create-tot-sprite-files.658428/

It's a new version of CivSprite that is more powerful. Well, if you just want to create static sprites it won't matter much compared to SpriteGen. But if you want to create animations it allows you to do much more than the limited importing of new images into existing animations that CivSprite 1.0 could do.

Top Bottom