Clash of Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all seems to be working a treat for me. Only small thing I have noticed is the Spice Stocks description in the Civilopedia isn't quite showing up correctly and some of the descriptive text for leaders and civs isn't formatting correctly.

Load time was about 8 minutes for me and the game plays at the same pace as normal. I've started a very fun game as a random civ and it gave me the Armenians! Currenlty in about 650 AD and straddling the world like a Colossus!

Loving all the new civs, thanks Hashishim!

This all seems to be working a treat for me. Only small thing I have noticed is the Spice Stocks description in the Civilopedia isn't quite showing up correctly and some of the descriptive text for leaders and civs isn't formatting correctly.

Possible for you to tell me which leaders and civs the text is missing? I think i corrected it though but just let me know and which version are you using?

I'm in work at the moment, but I'll have a good look tonight and let you know. I'm using the 1.1 version.

I'm in work at the moment, but I'll have a good look tonight and let you know. I'm using the 1.1 version.

Right, back from work and logged in on my other profile. The following leaders are not showing their text correctly in the civilopedia;

Abd al Rahman - Maghreb
Abd el-Krim - Maghreb
Abdul-Halim Sadulayev - Chechen
Abu al-Futuh - Syria
Arab Queen - Arabia
Aua - Greenland
Barrack Obama - USA
Council of States - Sudan
Dalai Lama - Tibet
Danil Turk - Slovenia
Fatmir Sejdiu - Kosovo
Galtieri - Argentina
General Secretary Han - Asian Microstates
Harald I - Norway? Iceland?
Maister Vojanov - Slovenia
Manmohan Singh - India
Manuel Zalaya - Honduras
National Assembly - Haiti
National Congress - Honduras
Peoples Council - Syria
Prjedsjednik - Bosnia & Hertzegovinia
Ramon - Central Asian Union
Robert Fico - Slovenia
Sadiq al-Mahdi - Sudan
Secretariat - Asian Microstates
Secretary General - European Microstates
Steingrimur Hermannsson - Iceland
Tito - Serbia
Toussaint - Haiti
Unity Council - Arab Maghreb
Zeljko Komsic - Bosnia & Hertzegovinia

All the Civ's seem to have the text looking right, just the leaders and I havn't checked all the buildings/units.

Sorry but i can't seem to get the installer to install the CoC. for some reason it just doesn't add anything after it is installed to my Rise of Mankind/ Assets/ Modules. the "hashishim" folder doesn't even apear. then when i went to try to install it again it told me it was installed. so i uninstalled and reinstalled and i still have the same problem, any ideas?

is there anyway you could just post all the files without the installer? because it always makes some sort of error.

Do you use the Steam version of Civ, emblem? If so, you're probably installing to the Firaxis folder instead of the Steam folder. I accidentally did that too when I first tried installing.

@ antmanbrooks thanks for giving me the list:) i'll sort it out, and if you guys dont mind if i can upload it in the next version of this modmod(which will be when a new version of a new dawn will be released, i will also be including some other new custom things as mentioned in the first post :) if anyone notices any text looking right in the buildings and units let me know please:)

EDIT: Please tell me you dont mean that the text in civiliopedia for the name of the leaders is not bold? like how the others are? is that what you mean by the text not been formated right?

Sorry but i can't seem to get the installer to install the CoC. for some reason it just doesn't add anything after it is installed to my Rise of Mankind/ Assets/ Modules. the "hashishim" folder doesn't even apear. then when i went to try to install it again it told me it was installed. so i uninstalled and reinstalled and i still have the same problem, any ideas?
emblem there is a way just install the folder into another directory and then copy and paste it into your "Rise Of Mankind/Assets/Modules/" Directory :) im not to sure why it does this,

EDIT: Please tell me you dont mean that the text in civiliopedia for the name of the leaders is not bold? like how the others are? is that what you mean by the text not been formated right?

Yes, that's what I mean. Instead of it being bold and on different lines it's all just one big paragraph which makes it difficult to read comfortably.

alright no problem will correct it:)sorry for that (all that was done last minute so yeah) :p and for some i never knew what to put in as a whole write up (couldnt find anything)

alright no problem will correct it:)sorry for that (all that was done last minute so yeah) :p and for some i never knew what to put in as a whole write up (couldnt find anything)

Don't apologise, the work you've done is brilliant, thanks for doing it. If you need any help looking for info to add then let me know which leaders you need info for, I might be able to find some text to add?

After visiting the civilopedia I must say very good job :thumbsup:

But I have a problem, maybe I made something wrong in the installation?... I explain:

I'am using ROM 2.91, I followed all the install instructions, so the "hashishim" folder is in the ROM/asents/modules directory
Then I wrote

<Module>
<Directory>Hashishim</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>

at the end of the modules list in the xml placed in the asents/modules directory

Then I lunch ROM (about 5-6 minutes loading for me:)) without any errors

Once in game the animated leaderheads (but not the original ROM ones) are replaced by a pink square, and it's the same for all unique units and buildings for new civs (and they are modelized by a red semi-sphere (tested in civilopedia).
In fact when I clic on a "pinked" leaderhead in the civilization selection menu, I got a CTD so I tried to lunch a game passing through "custom game" (test with aborigenes).
It works but the beginning board (with leaderhaed, text, startin technologies...etc) appears whole grey...

I made a mistake, but where?...
Maybe I modified the wrong .xml (is it the "hashishim" directory xml or the "modules" directory one?)
Or maybe an error caused by ROME (ROM expension), it is installed in the "modules" directory as a "ROME" folder but not in the xml load module list (should I reinstall ROM without ROME?)

Thank your for helping, I absolutely want to play ROM with this great modmod:)

Maybe I modified the wrong .xml (is it the "hashishim" directory xml or the "modules" directory one?)
Or maybe an error caused by ROME (ROM expension), it is installed in the "modules" directory as a "ROME" folder but not in the xml load module list (should I reinstall ROM without ROME?)

Thank your for helping, I absolutely want to play ROM with this great modmod:)

It's likely to be the wrong xml file, you need to modify the one in "modules" I think. If that doesn't work then it could also be a conflict with ROME but I would recommend a fresh, clean re-install. RoM, then AND, then CoC and then try it, if it works then try and put ROME on.

I had this in a previous version and with the other Civ packs out there, it's more than likely a problem with the xml files not working right though.

hmm are you using a new dawn1.73? if not then thats the problem,

Regarding the <Module><Directory>Hashishim bit thats right aslong as its at the end after ROM expansion in the xml load module list. and generally the above ctd is caused by not having the same version, and the pink means that the animations etc are not installed in the correct place.
Oh yes if you have any other custom civilizations or leaderheads please delete them especialy if they alreayd in place on my modmod.

I think aswell ROME has leaderheads and some files that also could be conflicting :)

which directory did you install it to? it should be

C://Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond The Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/

If it dont work again just install CoC into any folder you wish and then copy and paste the whole hashishim folder into the above directory :) and change the modular loading controls mlf file thats in the Modules Folder to the one mentioned in the previous posts.

As far as i know regarindg the art etc it all works. And this does not work with a new dawn 1.74 alpha, only 1.73 up until the latest patch. Also in the same modules folder there is a folder called custom leaderheads; i suggest you delete that since it causes conflict with the ones in my pack. :)

Silver-Wolf, you could always make sure your MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml in the Modules folder looks like this below, cut and paste if need be. When you save, save to desktop and then drag and drop the saved file into the modules folder and overwrite the old one. Sometimes it won't let you save the file direct to your Modules folder? Without ROME this should definately work if you have CoC 1.1. Make sure you click the woc_installer file in the Modules folder once it's all installed. Then if you can get it working try it with ROME too.

Spoiler :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword -->
<!-- Modified by the World of Civilization Team -->
<!-- Master Load File -->
<!-- -->
<Civ4ModularLoadControls xmlns="x-schema:CIV4ModularLoadingControlsSchema.xml">
<DefaultConfiguration>Modules_Main_1</DefaultConfiguration>
<ConfigurationInfos>
<ConfigurationInfo>
<Type>Modules_Main_1</Type>
<Description>Initialize ALL Modules by using the MLF file structure</Description>
<Modules>
<Module>
<Directory>QuibinGUntiPack</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Builds</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Quibingrealcivpack</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Interface</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Sarkyn</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>NBAfan</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>AAranda</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>flamesofphx</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom Buildings</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom_Buildings</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom Units</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom_Units</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Static</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>StrategyOnly</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom religions</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom Terrain</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom Events</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom_Corporations</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Guilds</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom Civilizations</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom Technologies</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom Civics</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Projects</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom Builds</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom Leaderheads</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Realistic Diplomacy</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Holy Wars</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Holy_Wars</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Civ_Fuehrer</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Afforess</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Jooyo</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>DancingHoskuld</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Os79</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Hydro</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Fortifications</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>WonderMovies</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Custom ArtStyles</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>ROME</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
<Module>
<Directory>Hashishim</Directory>
<bLoad>1</bLoad>
</Module>
</Modules>
</ConfigurationInfo>
</ConfigurationInfos>
</Civ4ModularLoadControls>

Also my converted 32 Civ Earth map is available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom