Clash of Civilizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashishim

Prince
<-- RELOCATED -->

Anyways people i decided so that theres no confusion to keep this thread just for updates on the development of my Modmodmod:p which is designed so that it is modular and will work properly with A New Dawn etc. The Link to the discusion thread and details fo the concept is here

Mod Mod Officially is Released and i request if somebody has the time to if they can upload a mirror for me it'll be appreciated

The Link:

DOWNLOAD NOW
PLEASE READ THE README FILE LOCATED IN THE .ZIP BEFORE RUNNING THE SETUP.EXE for installation if not dont properly it can lead to corruption of the game/mod, and after the installation run the woc installer located in your modules folder

RELEASE VERSION : VERSION 1.1
Patches: NONE

ADDONS :
Culturally Linked Starts (ALREADY INCLUDED IN A NEW DAWN PATCH J, IF DO NOT HAVE THAT PATCH THEN USE THIS)
This addon allows all related civilizations to be close together so you wont get ireland it lets say next to syria, its already on A New Dawn but this file edited to include the custom civilizations :) For installation just copy and the paste the file to your "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python\EntryPoints\ "

Ireland Civilization/Republic of Ireland
This addon is to play as Ireland or to have Ireland as one of the custom civilizations, For installation just unzip it to your "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\ " folder

Wait, are we allowed to discuss this here or in your more formal thread? Either way, this looks downright epic, and I'm going to download this immediately once it's up.

Hashishim, I don't know if you are aware as this mod appears to have at least 3 threads so someone may have reported it elsewhere but I have a problem with the XML on loading for the unique building "Spicestocks".

Here'e the error message;

Failed Loading XML file modules\Hashishim\Custom Civilizations\Asia\MicroStatesAsia\Spicestocks\SpiceStocks_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml.

LoadXML call failed for modules\Hashishim\Custom Civilizations\Asia\MicroStatesAsia\Spicestocks\SpiceStocks_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml.

This might be what you are fixing though? Other than that it works a treat so far. Thanks.

yeah thats what im sorting out:) if you loaded the patch it actually makes another spicestocks :p so yeah currently i made the new exe just uploading it :)

By the way can i have feedback of what you guys think of the new civz i created and can give me ideas on how i can improve them. especially in regards to unique buildings and units.

Hashishim, I seem to have encountered an error during the installation process. It said:

"Error 1304.Error writing to file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steampapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\ . . .\Unique_HolyRoman_Landsknecht_MD_FortifyA_Idle.kf. Verify that you have access to that directory."

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do. As you can see, I have the Steam version and I'm certain I had the filepath correct. I tried hitting the "Retry" button to no avail, bringing up a new set of text that simply reads "Error 2350.FDI server error" and when I hit "Ignore" after that, it fails to do so, resulting in me aborting the installation every single time I have tried. I didn't have this problem, initially, when I accidentally installed the mod into the Firaxis folder instead of the Steam folders, strangely enough.

Can you assist me Hashishim? Can anybody assist me?

try running it as administrator, if you using windows 7. i do know i had that installation issue with the .msi file not an .exe, and im not to sure how to go around it but it worked once i just used the .exe file. o and make sure that the directory/file is not in use by any other program (even windows explorer) aswell as if it dont work then just install it into another directory, and copy and paste:p the folder "hashishim" into your beyond the sowrd\mods\rise of mankind\assets\modules\ directory and edit the mlf file :)

If there are any other issues let me know:)

Clash of Civilizations version 1.1 officially released:)

What changes does 1.1 make? I don't want to have to download 700 meg again as the original version is working for me, minus the Spice Stock issue above.

Is the Spice Stock in twice then?

I'm liking this pack :). I don't use the building and unit packs so I can't speak about them. However, I love civ variety. Even more I like to have Atotoltzi and Maria Theresa as new default leaders :D. You may guess why as I'm a normal red-blooded male :lol:. My default leaders other than myself are Atotoltzi, Boudica, Dido, Maria Theresa, and Nefertiti. Hopefully, people on this website make ever more female LHs with low cut clothing :lol:.

Anyway, :goodjob:.

Besides the spicestocks issue, and the one to gametext.xml issue (missing text) no difference, if you used the previous patches i released then yeah you using 1.1 :p the reason for release of 1.1 was because to many people where getting it installed in the wrong directory, and some people did not want to use all the unts etc. So i made the installation file to give the user more options on what exactly they want.

but to be accurate and to save your time . The changes where in one of the leaders(there where 4 traits instead of just 2); Microstates of Asia(it was an error for the naming in the gametextfile); and 2 other civz wasnt correct. You can just go to through the civilopedia and check you can spot it it'll show the text as txt_key_leader for e.g. That is all really. It can be changed manuallym and an error on my side i forgot to include ireland in the setup files so i will be upping that shortly, i copied it into the wrong directory when compiled. :$

and @ os79 thanks:) you should try out the units and buildings:p theres no difference they just unique units mostly and 4 are completely new. the rest are just unique units for Guerilla; Marine; AH64; Special Forces. and regarindg the buildings they all are just added unique buildings. for intelligence agency; market; manufacturing plant; security bureau; jail.

I'm sorry if my question would by trivial (or - even worse - has been answered already somewhere), but I would like to know if the install is modular. I mean, can I just pick some of the CIVs to load?

Question to users of this epic and great pack - is the game working slower, or not?

I'm sorry if my question would by trivial (or - even worse - has been answered already somewhere), but I would like to know if the install is modular. I mean, can I just pick some of the CIVs to load?

Question to users of this epic and great pack - is the game working slower, or not?

The install is modular and if you go to the directory itself using windows explorer, you can delete what civs you dont want, in the installer for convenience sakes and make it easier for people to not scroll down 70+ civz to select. i just divided it into continents/regions.

But word of caution if you using all the custom units and buildings, make sure the required civilization is in place to (i also made that modular though in the install with the description of what file is needed) for e.g if you want the israelli merkava or Hamas Militia for Syria you have to have the Israel Civilization and Syria Civilization respectively. Otherwise on load up you will have errors.

and speed of the game, as i said before, only loading up its a 15minute wait generally. but in game it goes as normal. if you play a map and 50civz for obvious reasons there will be slow down, and nothing to do with the pack.

Also if anyone is using A new dawn 1.74 alpha, this pack may not work properly. as i will only update it to 1.74 settings when the official a new dawn 1.74 is released :)

Apparently simply copypasting the mod into the "Modules" folder worked. Thanks for that idea. The last time I tried doing a copypaste-type addition all hell broke loose, so I never thought that would work again.

Anyway, I just scanned the Civilopedia thoroughly. This looks really good, Hashishim. Good work! :D

Is it possible for anyone to test something for me? let me know please, i need someone to use the culturally link starts file that i uploaded. and to make a custom game with 50civs on a big and small map. with normal continents and mixed in islands. With the culturally linked starts option ticked, and to include these civilizations:

America; Cuba; Haiti; Honduras; Venezuela; South American Union; Mexico
Australia
Japan; Malaysia; Korea; Asian Minorstates; Tibet; Indonesia; Vietnam; India; Pakistan; Afghanistan
South Africa; Nigeria
Arab Maghreb Union; Egypt; Arab Gulf States; Iran; Iraq; Lebanon; Turkey; Sudan; Somalia; Yemen; Israel; Syria
Bosnia; Chechniya; Kosovo; England; Germany; Fracen; Georgia; Greece; Iceland; Italy; Russia; Ukraine; Serbia; Switzerland; Netherlands; Norway; Spain

Can you tell me wether any errors occur; aswell as if using the worldbuilder or debug mode do most of the relative civilizations are in close proximity to each other. for e.g Iran Iraq close to each other with arabia nearby.

Aswell as can you test it for me with different maps if it dont work with the map i mentioned above. It'l be appreciated and help me alot, since im not to sure wether its my pc and my game or not.

because i had one somehwere else when it was for just RoM. and then i decided to jus tmake it part of a new dawn bt i kept it in the RoM forum. and i requested for one to be deleted, and the other be moved to the new dawn subforum but that took a bit long so instead i made a new forum on a new dawn. but then the mdoerators managed to move the project one into a new dawn and deleted the RoM THread and yeah

So now im left with 2. and i know i get comments on either or. same thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom