1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

clicking on a unit doesn't show its future path

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by BothofUs, Sep 22, 2010.

1. BothofUs

BothofUs Chieftain

ugh, I hate that. It's impossible to work this one-unit-per-hex thing without seeing what path you put in for your unit last turn.

2. Ddude97

Ddude97 King

I'm assuming it will be fixed in a future patch

3. Mercade

Mercade the Counsellor

It would certainly be helpful to see where a unit is going if you instructed it to go on a path that would take multiple turns to complete.

Maybe you should check the idea and/or bug forum for this? While technically not a bug but a lacking feature, I'd want to make sure it's reported on.

4. BothofUs

BothofUs Chieftain

Bump..

Is everyone's game like this?

5. Shillen

Shillen Deity

Yep. I would love to see this get fixed. A lot of times I send my unit on a long path and the game will run them into city-state territory too causing lost influence. But I can't click on the unit and see what path it's taking.

6. BothofUs

BothofUs Chieftain

^yeah, that's happened to me a few times too.

7. 12agnar0k

12agnar0k Emperor

Its especially annoying when many units need to arrive not in the same place ^>^.

8. BothofUs

BothofUs Chieftain

gotta keep this up. How do I make this known for the first patch?

9. cembandit

cembandit Warlord

A nice related fix would be "road to" worker command showing the path the road will take.

Speaking of unit movement, they really should path around city states if possible...

10. Tavenier

Tavenier King

I noticed this too.

And somewhat on topic: The auto-movement goes once you hit end turn. Therefore you sometimes lose a movement point.
    Say, you have a warrior and you want him to move 5 turns (on flat land). On your third turn it will move the last of the five spaces but would still have one movement left. That one is lost as you will only be able to control that unit again on the next turn. Sometimes it doens't matter much, but sometimes you could have shoot another ray of arrows, or whatever.

11. Sadcracker

Sadcracker Chieftain

Lol.... I didn't think you could order more than 1 turns movement at a time. I've seen the numbers that indicate overall time to get someplace, but the units don't remember a path so I was just ordering 1 turns movement at a time. Also I have a question, why are people making mods for a game that is basicly still unplayable? I ran into a game breaking bug after playing for about 8 hours due to a bug with treaties/diplomacy.

12. Purpureus

Purpureus Chieftain

Ehm... You do have the optimum path of the road shown... But yeah, it's not what you want exactly. I agree it would be nice to have.

And the trespassing thing is annoying like heck... I lose influence a lot because the dumb scouts or stupid infantry runs into city-state territory like it's nothing...
    Either teach the units some manners (I mean the game developers) or teach the city states not to be so hysterical: first ask nicely I get my morons out of their yard and only AFTER that did not happen get mad like an offended young lady...

13. Yxklyx

Yxklyx King

This I think is a MAJOR problem with Settlers since you'd be settling your city one turn later!

I also noticed that when two units have orders and are near each other they can get in each other's way and move in weird paths.

Also note that the Future path can't really be 100% known since other player's units can get in the way. Say you tell a unit to go to some hex several turns away through a narrow section of the map and some enemy unit you didn't know about blocks that section - and now this unit has to go the long way around.

14. Booshaka

Booshaka Chieftain

I noticed that if I tell a swordsmen to go from say my production city to my front line city something that takes about 3 or 4 turns alot of times another unit or something will stop on the destination hex and it seems like that will cancel the move order and my unit just stops.

Kinda annoying, wish they would just go the next hex or close as possible instead of stopping. And then not being there when I go to look for them

15. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Emperor

Units should stop when they run into a "barrier" whether it be another troop from anyone else, a border, or something interesting. Pretty simple fix. "Do you want to continue?"

I'm glad someone else brought this up because this bothered me quite a bit. Feels like a bug to lay down a road path and not see anything on the screen. The worker does the work... but without that confirmation it feels iffy.

16. ZimbuTheMonkey

ZimbuTheMonkey King

Yep. Add this to the crap I'd like fixed.

17. BothofUs

BothofUs Chieftain

bumping this...any new knowledge on this?

18. jjkrause84

jjkrause84 King

Personally I'm a big fan of when I order a unit in to an area hidden by the fog of war (not the huge black wall of death....just an area that I've visited but cannot currently see) and the unit find s an enemy unit there and, instead of asking me what to do, just goes ahead and attacks.

Ugh! I've lost crucial amphibious invasion units as a result of their hubris and bloodlust!

19. BothofUs

BothofUs Chieftain

yeah, amphibious units get a little out of control, literally.

20. pxpdoo

pxpdoo Ninja Burger Fry Cook

"my morons" haha :lol: