Closing notifications with right-click moves a unit

I can't find similar posts in the forums, and looks strange since it is a so evident issue I cannot believe nobody else has noticed it.

When you have notification icons on the right and right-click to close them, the game closes the notification AND also moves the current unit to the underlying square. Most of the times you have to manually cancel this unwanted order.

By the way, is there a way to have a record of the received notifications? If I close a notification and then realize right away I have to read it again for some more details, can I find it somewhere else, or is it lost?

This happened a few versions ago. Very annoying. But judging from screenshots most people dont click them away so they dont notice?

Yes, it's a nuisance, that's why it is better to close notifications with no unit selected, for example, at the very end of the turn. I only close persistent notifications, like about wonders built, pillaged districts or cities revolted, others will go away by themselves so why waste more clicks on them. But it seems that this action only plots the way for the unit, but does not move it immediately, so you can notice and cancel.

However, there is a much more annoying thing, like when you have a unit selected and just want to drag the map, sometimes the left click gives movement order to that unit and it is executed immediately, which may result sending that unit to the other side of the world and you only becoming aware about that when two or twenty turns later it arrives at that random location and asks for further orders.

I always have it in each of my games, so annoying. First it really moved away the unit, now it seems it can be canceled. I thought it has something to do with my mouse and/or video driver (like the XCOM2 double click issue), so I didn't report it. But if it is really a trivial game issue, I wonder why it wasn't fixed since years, since it is so evident...

I always have it in each of my games, so annoying. First it really moved away the unit, now it seems it can be canceled..

Yes, for me it doesn´t move anymore, just creates a movement path that can be cancelled.

Top Bottom