CoAF poll: disband some units?

Which of the following units do you want to disband?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zyxy

Warmongering Fool
We currently have 1 curragh (in Spichester), 3 warriors (Delhi, Barchester, SW of Roboto) and 2 regular spears (Spichester, Tracheon). Should we disband these units?

These units are all regular. They could be upgraded at a cost (curragh -> galley for 45, warrior -> MDI for 90 each, spear -> musket for 120 each). They will cost 2 gpt upkeep each if we keep them. I intend to order upgrades for every warrior that we choose to keep, as they are completely useless without it.

This is a multichoice public poll. It will run for 48 hours. Others can see what you vote. Select all the units you want to disband, then press "vote now". If you leave a checkbox blank, then you're voting to keep that unit.
For each unit: it will be disbanded if there are more votes to disband than to keep.

If you vote Abstain, please leave all other checkboxes blank. That makes it a lot easier to tally the votes :).

I vote to disband all these units. They have been sitting around forever doing nothing. They're regulars, and not worth the upgrade. We are much better off building some knights (they are speedy and have good attack and defense), and we'll save 12 gpt by disbanding these obsolete units.

Abstain. None of these units! (There's no "none of these units options" either...) I'd rather upgrade them. Besides, why disband our only navy? Regulars can still pick off the stray archer, and atleast provide some protection in our back area.

I voted for all but the curragh. Get our only navy upgraded and we cn then think about bombarding and picking off the stray enemy galley or dromon that comes nearby.

Chieftess said:
Abstain. None of these units! (There's no "none of these units options" either...) I'd rather upgrade them. Besides, why disband our only navy? Regulars can still pick off the stray archer, and atleast provide some protection in our back area.

To vote for none, simply leave all boxes blank.

zyxy said:
To vote for none, simply leave all boxes blank.
But then 1 vote for all units will surpass 10 votes for nothing as there is no tally of nothing... :confused:

Chieftess said:
I am going to have to side with Chieftess on this one, these units can be upgraded insted of being chucked into the garbage.

The units along the N coast were actually in use during the last session - trying to control the landing point for Spain when they landed a Medieval Infantry. We only had one MI to defeat this with, the regular Warriors were then in position to chip away at and hopefully between them defeat the MI if our MI failed. In the event our MI succeeded and the Warrior just had to block certain landing points.

I agree with Chieftess. we going to need a navy especially for Portugal. Even though we plan on reaching them by sea, it wouldn't hurt to have to flanks/fronts to attack them on.

Ginger_Ale said:
But then 1 vote for all units will surpass 10 votes for nothing as there is no tally of nothing... :confused:

There is: if you leave all boxes blank and then press "vote now", your vote will count as "keep all these units". I cannot check anymore if it is possible to do this, I hope it is.

In the end the votes will be interpreted as follows:
N = total number of voters minus number of abstains.
For each unit: if number of votes for disband is larger than N/2, then "disband". Otherwise, "keep".

I'm sorry about the confusion.

Furiey said:
I've just tested it and if you leave all the boxes blank then vote it just tells you that you must select an option to vote for. The only way to vote no to any disbands is therefore to vote Abstain.

Oops. It seems I screwed this up badly then.
I guess I'll have to count abstains as votes for "no changes", i.e., keep all units.

Apologies for the mess.

zyxy said:
Oops. It seems I screwed this up badly then.
I guess I'll have to count abstains as votes for "no changes", i.e., keep all units.

Apologies for the mess.
Well, in that case. I voted no/abstain. We should keep them and upgrade thoes units.

just to let you know: because of the mess, I will keep all these units for now. I'll leave it to next turns commander to decide this issue.

Top Bottom