It will not, never has for me. If you tried to recreate the map from seed the changes would be gone, but they are ssaved within a playable file.
Good to know! It's a miracle to have a game with edits/mods not be corrupted.

Unless you're trying to unlock achievements, which are probably disabled when playing a save file edited by FireTuner.

@Actic_Civ Just thought I'd mention this in case you were on the hunt for achievements.
In this case, I don't wanna use Firetuner. I prefer to win the achievements of me winning as a Civ, it just looks neat and makes me proud.

In this case, I don't wanna use Firetuner. I prefer to win the achievements of me winning as a Civ, it just looks neat and makes me proud.
You can still earn achievements if you use a map mod, so long as you don't also enable FireTuner. You just need a map utility mod or map script that overrides ResourceGenerator.lua as @Zegangani suggested earlier.

For example, the Got Lakes (Various Worlds) Map Script (which I wrote) has an option called Scrambled Land Luxuries which allows luxuries on land to appear in unusual terrains and features. With this, Russia could possibly spawn adjacent to cocoa on tundra. Of course this will result in maps that are less realistic, but maybe you're OK with this?

How could I forget this?: ... You can easily place resources (and other stuff) on the Map while inGame using Cheat Map Editor from Zur13. The Mod can be enabled/disabled at any time, works even for already started Games. And it doesn't affect the Achievements (well, it's a cheat mod, so... ).
You select the CME Button in the Top right, select a tile on the Map, in the resource option select the resource you want (it has to be valid for that tile - but dw, it got a ToolTip that lists the valid tiles, otherwise you could also alter the terrain (but the art won't generate untill you restart the game)/feature of a tile too) and click apply.

You can also use Mods that alter resource placement, such as Got Lakes Map Script that @Scrum Lord suggested (btw, a great Mod that adds replayability to the Maps (better exploration) ).

I have won as Russia, so I may appear less enthaustic than before. And here's the evidence, I played with Inland Sea & Prince and NO fanmade 'mods'.
ST PETERSCHOK.png

ST PETERSCHOK VICTORY.png

I have played multiple maps as Russia, like around 500 maps and only 1/3 had cocoa near me. I'm pretty sure cocoa can't spawn near the tundra tiles, but this map is the closest to cocoa spawning near tundra tiles. That's my thoughts.

Top Bottom