Cologne Cathedral / Kölner Dom

charly1977

Warlord
Here is the model of the famous cologne Cathedral,
including a wondermovie and a button.
I hope for your feedback.

---

Hier das Model des Kölner Doms inklusive Wunderfilm und Button.
Ich hoffe auf ein Feedback

---

Screenshots:

added shadow!

download
button
movie

Hi Andreas,

all of your buildings/wonders are simply amazing!
Also, I know there's a request thread, but since I read in your readme that you accept requests, so here's a small one:) from me:
The Hungarian Parliament Building ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_Parliament )

Keep up the good work!

@ Turin Civ-User:
sorry, but I only offer graphics (model, button, movie).
You have to implement this building in your xml-files, where you also describe what the wonder will do.

@avain: I will immediatly look how to realise this building... should it be a wonder, or just a normal building (needs wondermovie or not?)

@ avain:
I tried to find usefull pictures of the hungarian parliament, and I tried to make a ground plan of the buildings. Perhaps you can tell me, if it is correct, I´m sure u can :D

do you want the archs/bends (don´t know what word is correct) build in the model (as in my Brandenburg gate), or just as textures (as in my world trade center) on the walls?
the first is nicer, but needs many polys => big file,
the second isn´t so nice, but it keeps the file small.

Wow, it seems you are going to make me really-really happy! :)

So, to your question: as for me I'd like to see some archs built in the model (of course I know it can't be all because in that case the model would REALLY get high poly), so something like between the two solutions: arch in the model + arch in texture. Although ultimately I think you should decide, and I'm pretty grateful you're gonna make this building!

(BTW, I plan to add it as a wonder - yeah, I know, it sounds weird eg. the Carthagians building the Hungarian Parliament, but hey, Zulus can build the Eiffel Tower, no? :) )

PS: I'm leaving on a two weeks vacation and I'll be away from my PC, so please don't take it as an offence if I won' reply. However, I'm eagerly looking forward to return and see your work! Thanks in advance

Wow that's impressive! Very nice model, what's the poly count? Some critics:
It looks too smooth especially the poles, probably a very detailed skin could also help. And the colours don't look that real. Same for your other models.
Here are some very nice pictures for impressions for the 'Kölner Dom', http://www.webbaviation.co.uk/deutschland/7573.htm

Hardner said:
Wow that's impressive! Very nice model, what's the poly count? Some critics:
It looks too smooth especially the poles, probably a very detailed skin could also help. And the colours don't look that real. Same for your other models.
Here are some very nice pictures for impressions for the 'Kölner Dom', http://www.webbaviation.co.uk/deutschland/7573.htm

Hi, hardner!

I know the textures of the köner dom aren´t very detailed, just the windows are. But I think, thsi modell is used in a game, where it will be scaled down so much, that more detailed textures won´t be recognizeable. For the walls I just made a 3-color-dotlike texture, without any structure. And I used a dark variant, because on pictures from high position ( heli, plane), like I usually use in the game, the kölner dom looks dark, dirty by the weather and time. Only nearby and with very good light it looks bright (I was born near Köln, so i often saw the Dom.). Of Course I thank you for your critics, and If you wish, I could make a brighter texture, but it won´t be more detailed, just brighter.

Top Bottom