Colonial AIs are too hard to kill

So in the end we are back to the first two conditions (no settler || no transport left)
But that should be good enough, because AI now has to pay for it and does not get them for free.

If this only happens once in a game (I understand your immersion argument) it won't help with getting the founding fathers though
In that case actually also the FFs should be handed over from the weakest AI to the second weakest AI. (All Assets should go to the 2nd weakest.)
This feature idea is not intended for making the game easier, it is intended to be immersive and make the game more challenging.

Because atm, if one AI player A is killed and there is still another AI player B with enough FF point accumulated, B will get all the free FF before the human player's turn.
It could be programmed differently. :think:
In the "normal kill logic" the Fouding Fathers could first be offered to the Human Player (in Single Player games).
All it needs is to slightly adjust the logic of the "New Founding Father System". It should not be much effort.

@jooe
I merged your logic for "AIs being easier to kill" (if the XML setting that allows killing is activated). :thumbsup:

If you want you could still implement 3 small additions in the future.
(Whenever you find time and motivation for it.)

1) Small flavour event: Weakest Player retreats and hands over its assets to 2nd weakest Player (With Small Popup / text message)
2) Small change related to "New Founding Father System": When an AI player dies, his FFs are given to Human Player if he has the FF points to pay (with message for each) *
3) The AI cheat for Immigrants should not trigger anymore once AI already has more than e.g. 5 Colonists waiting on the Docks in Europe

* Point 2 should only be triggered if the "New Founding Father System" is activated.
Maybe it can directly be included in the "AI kill logic" close to where e.g. the Missions and Trade Posts are destroyed. :think:

If you want you could still implement 2 small features in the future.
(Whenever you find time and motivation for it.)

1) Small flavour event: Weakest Player retreats and hands over its assets to 2nd weakest Player (With Small Popup / text message)
2) Small change related to "New Founding Father System": When an AI player dies, his FFs are given to Human Player if he has the FF points to pay (with message for each)

Point 2 should only be triggered if the "New Founding Father System" is activated.
Maybe it can directly be included in the "AI kill logic" close to where e.g. the Missions and Trade Posts are destroyed. :think:
about 1): I have be hesitating to work on events as that would probably mean I'd need to learn Python basics first, otherwise trial and error (does aligning really influence code execution???) might be a big waste of time ...
about 2): I'd prefer something like this: Every player can only recruit 1 FF per turn if sufficient points are available. So you'd either need to pass on some FF (meaning you will never get a chance to bid for them again) or you'll just get some of them while also other players get a chance to bid. Also this rule would be possible to do in multiplayer as well and it does not require special rules distinguishing between AI and human player.

1): I have be hesitating to work on events ... I'd need to learn Python basics first
I was talking about a small pure DLL implementation not a "Python Event". :)
From DLL you can also trigger small pop-ups with message text. *

If you want to invest more effort, you could even make a DLL-Diplo-Event. (with e.g. the Player that gives up).
But it would be much more effort than just triggering a pop-upw with message text just for flavour.

Python logic would of course also be possible, but in this case there would be very little benefits.
Because all the core logic would still be implemented in DLL and Python would just show a different style of pop-up.

1) Small DLL logic triggering a small pop-up + text message --> easy to do (should be good enough) --> effort 1h
2) DLL-Diplo-Event with the Player that leaves --> probably the coolest solution but also the most effort --> effort 4h
3) Python logic that triggers a better pop-up than 1 but still needs DLL logic --> little benefits over 1) --> effort 2h

-----

* For "How to trigger a pop-up with text" you can e.g. look at logic for "Abandon City". :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Every player can only recruit 1 FF per turn if sufficient points are available.
Sounds even better to me. :thumbsup:
Since Human Player is first player in loop he should always get one.

Top Bottom