Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Is the mystery South American civ pre, or post Colonial?

If it is a pre-colonial civilisation, I have few ideas asides from the previously made suggestion that it could have been one of the groups conquered by the Inca state. Asides from that no clue.

All this, and we still have yet ANOTHER mystery civ to anticipate - the one that was teased as being released with Malaysia. I don't know if this is still the case or if we are supposed to guess this however.

On a positive note, I think everyone should have Canada installed on their PCs. One of my top 3 favourite civs. I also like the dynamic nature of the Cree.

Civver with 191 IQ signing out.

Cree as well. So fun to play against them.

So after this discussion involving Dark Pig, I'd like to tell a story.

There once was a boy who was a minor tit. He joined a modding community and proceeded to reverse-engineer a few things. He wasn't nearly as good as his peers, who were major tits, and were unwillingly to help. He got excluded, pissed off, and left without a word. It took him months before joining another forum. When he joined another forum, he had a meek, shy personality. Careful with every word. Still an annoying tit, just an extremely self-conscious one. He made friendships in that other forum and warmed himself up. Today, that boy is me.

I can firmly say that while the time I took to understand myself was vital, I wouldn't be this much of a tit if not for having such bad experiences with forums.

You are like me... just like me...

ohgodwhathaveidone.pdf

There once was a boy who was a minor tit. He joined a modding community and proceeded to reverse-engineer a few things. He wasn't nearly as good as his peers, who were major tits, and were unwillingly to help. He got excluded, pissed off, and left without a word. It took him months before joining another forum. When he joined another forum, he had a meek, shy personality. Careful with every word. Still an annoying tit, just an extremely self-conscious one. He made friendships in that other forum and warmed himself up. Today, that boy is me.

I can firmly say that while the time I took to understand myself was vital, I wouldn't be this much of a tit if not for having such bad experiences with forums.

I think this is how the beginning years of most forum-goers are. Myself included. :p

OK, so I'm an ESL American. What does tit mean in this context? Because I don't think it means what I think it means.

What? I find CL's leader screen fitting to the game's art style and of high quality.

Afghanistan - Aside from the eyes I think they nailed clothing and environment perfectly
Australia (3D) - When this was released I wished all modders will follow suit (though I know it is a long shot). This is certainly HQ. The 2D screen doesn't suit the CIV 5 style (Henry is too close to the screen) but the background is very beautiful.
Blackfoot - bad ass looking, similar to chief Pocatello, peaceful fields in the background.
The Boers - DAT BGM
Canada - Very pleasant to look at. Pearson evokes a really friendly aura.
Cree - same with Blackfoot
Dene - I'm guessing the model comes from an AC game? Nevertheless, it really fits the Dene people.
Inuit - Ekeuihnik (not sure about the spelling) seems like a really chill dude and I like his clothes
Mexico - Very respectable looking , my only problem with him is he seems to be on a weird posture (maybe the neck?)
The Philippines - Reused the Lincoln body but we can't deny Rizal is so baller.
Vietnam - Taken from AC but again like with Thanadelthur, it really feels Vietnamese and the background is godly.

I really enjoy the CL leader screen because they look very different from each other while maintaining the CIV 5 art style.

Well, there aren't a lot leader screen makers in here...

OK, so I'm an ESL American. What does tit mean in this context? Because I don't think it means what I think it means.

I could try posting some synonyms here but they'd probably get caught in the no-swear net, so replace it with d-head or a-hole if you feel like it.

I could try posting some synonyms here but they'd probably get caught in the no-swear net, so replace it with d-head or a-hole if you feel like it.

OK, that clears that up then. Thanks!

Blackfoot - bad ass looking, similar to chief Pocatello, peaceful fields in the background.
Canada - Very pleasant to look at. Pearson evokes a really friendly aura.
Cree - same with Blackfoot
Inuit - Ekeuihnik (not sure about the spelling) seems like a really chill dude and I like his clothes
Mexico - Very respectable looking , my only problem with him is he seems to be on a weird posture (maybe the neck?)

Done primarily by Leugi and by myself (only Canada). Just so you know why the consistently good leader artwork is there. :)

To bring things back a bit, has the mystery South American civ been figured out yet?

I wish I could say, but it's not my information to spoil. However, I did offer to play 20 Questions with Pang to figure it out and solved the mystery with one question. So it can be done. You just have to think outside the box a bit.

The only CL screens I don't like that much (and they're still better than I could do!) are the Cree, Afghanistan, and The Phillipines.

As a Filipino, I find Rizal's leaderscreen to be satisfactory. Could you tell me what you don't like that much about it?

No sir. I really have no idea, unless CL is involved in the new Argentina.

There's to be a new Argentina? Cool. Is there any word on how it'll play compared to the original mod for Argentina?

Could there possibly be a Peru mod in the works? Just throwing out my random guess in regards to what the mystery South American mod is. Actually... will this particular mod be a pre- or post-colonization civilization? Do we get to know that?

Top Bottom