Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

2manygreenandyellow/creme

Spoiler :

Also not including the Ashanti too.

Then there's also the whole Green and White thing too...

I have to say, I really preferred Nigeria's old color sceme. It suited the icon better, felt more Nigerian and wasn't exactly the same as Tarcisio's Portugal.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think blue is pretty justified and I really had no idea Tarcisio had a Portuguese colour scheme like this too.

TPang, Your linked justification actually make me in support of Green and white (or light shade of grey) :mischief:

Anyway, I took color from Nigeria's icon and compare it to Tarcisio's Joao. It's look different enough for me.

Sure, it is little different from actual color, but it is good enough for comparing.

I have the Nigerian colour scheme in SDK mode, but I can't be bothered to get the hex codes :p

Especially since I'm coding [REDACTED] and it's the hardest civ I've had to code so far :p
As in, the XML/SQL is annoying and stuff, I doubt the lua would be as hard as the Wabs :/

I wish I could comprehend lua...

TPang, Your linked justification actually make me in support of Green and white (or light shade of grey) :mischief:

Green and Whit-ish is just as bad lol:

Spoiler :

As opposed to Green and Blue:

Spoiler :

Isn't that Hiram's Ireland colour extremely outdated? while yes it's still Greenish/Yellowish now, but it shouldn't be in the green and white. Unless it's been changed without my knowledge.

While I did prefer the old colourscheme I still like this new one personally.

I think it's actually closer to Australia now anyway. The old colour scheme was pretty much a dead ringer for Arabia and too close to similar to many other colours.

I've given some actual thought to making a python app that takes in all the used color schemes and spits out one that's different *enough*.

Would you be able to specify a rough pair of colours you were looking for? I'm not sure I would want it to keep suggesting something like hot pink and lime green just because no one did those colours yet. :p

Would you be able to specify a rough pair of colours you were looking for? I'm not sure I would want it to keep suggesting something like hot pink and lime green just because no one did those colours yet. :p

I'd have to doublecheck, but one of my planned civs is orange and purple. I'm hoping that'll be fairly unique.

(TPangolin will be happy that my next civ is green and blue, though!)

I've given some actual thought to making a python app that takes in all the used color schemes and spits out one that's different *enough*.

I guess 40% of the work is to collect color used by a selection of Civ mods. 10% is the actual coding.

and the rest is to define *enough*

I'd have to doublecheck, but one of my planned civs is orange and purple. I'm hoping that'll be fairly unique.

(TPangolin will be happy that my next civ is green and blue, though!)

Let us populate the mod color so much someone have no unique color to choose :crazyeye: (and I aware how choosing color work in Civ5 modding :) )

And the scheme drought strikes again. I thought we were in the clear after the Wabs...

Yeah, speaking as someone working on that? It's gonna be a ways yet before we release it. We can always change it. =]

It's not so hard to do a compare like Poom did.

In-game is more important than on paper, though, as we learnt with the Wabs and whoever's getting the browny on greeny background ;)

Top Bottom