Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Awesome. Also: Mexico Updated on Steam

Changed the icon, fixed up the Hacienda text. But completely forgot about the Alpha. Oh well maybe later.

Oh don't get me wrong, the original icon is superb; but a little too close to Arabia in terms of symbols. Probably because I see it nearly everyday, but it doesn't really feel special to me amongst the many other star-and-crescent-moon flags. I'll ask my Malaysian friends and see what they think.

hey i was wondering if anybody can help me here when i try to download these mods i don't get it in a rar or zip just the civ5mod file and was wondering what im doing wrong as i presume by looking at other mods i should have more folders thanks for any help

hey i was wondering if anybody can help me here when i try to download these mods i don't get it in a rar or zip just the civ5mod file and was wondering what im doing wrong as i presume by looking at other mods i should have more folders thanks for any help

Welcome to Civfanatics! By launching the game and clicking on mods, they should extract automatically. You can normally do this manually as well, treating it as you would a .rar file.

thanks for the welcome and the fast reply :D. yea i have the game open at mods as we speak don't seen to be doing it so il try doing it manually thanks :)

Awesome. Also: Mexico Updated on Steam

Changed the icon, fixed up the Hacienda text. But completely forgot about the Alpha. Oh well maybe later.

I updated it on Steam.............and it disappeared from my mods list altogether.

Changed the icon.

First, congrats on the Mexico Civ. Any Civ with a UI just gets so much more credibility somehow. But regarding the icon, here's my 2 cents: this new icon, though better than the former, IMO, still retains it's greatest fault. The two colors lack any contrast between them. If you would convert it to grayscale, it would just be one solid gray circle, or close to it. It has to do with the darkness of the colors not their hues, if that makes any sense. Even though red and green complement each other perfectly, in this case it's all just too bright. LS's Hetmanate, to give another example, falls prey to this same issue; no contrast, too bright. Personally, I'd go for a darker tone of red OR green (like the other Mexican Civ) and always avoid those "big red", "hulk green" or "pure blue" colors readily available on the softwares palettes. But again, that's just my opinion.

We played around with colours for a while, and ultimately the result was either too similar to Ethiopia and the More Civs Mexico. It may look gaudy in game somewhat - but IMO it's pretty pleasant to look at. If anyone needs a new colour scheme it's probably the Philippines! I am so excited about the rewrite.

I'll update the alpha and fix a problem with the DoM not firing when I get back from work.

So then there's this:

Love everything except the title. The font doesn't fit at all, and "as it appears today" is a bad choice, as it opens it up to inaccuracies. Next year, if Bornean Malaysia got independence, the map title would be incorrect. But if you have "Malaysia, circa 2000 AD" like India's map does, then you're covered from that

I like the font, it's different from the norm. Also I couldn't be bothered to look up when Malaysia was federated lol, hence the wording.

If there is anything thing to take away from Colonialist Legacies is that what makes us different is that we take things away from the norm. It's a style within itself.

Icon:

Map:

Spoiler :

Top Bottom