Colonies 4.2 Game #5

Steve's up :)

Henrik, when are you gonna reply to my e-mail? ;)

Geneva Captured after Independants declare war because I wasn't going to move my armies. :)

Savoy will soon be under French control. :)

Stian if you can play this one in the next day or two Javier can get one more turn in on this one. :)

-Portugeese Carrack sunk west of Portugal.

-Attack on Funchal, the island will be secured by fall (next round).

-Spanish forces attack and destroy numerous Portugese forces near the border.

-A major Spanish deployment have been done in Italy. Rome is under siege, and will mark the start of a campaign in Italy against numerous independent cities. Spain wants to put Italy firmly under Spanish controll.

The Austrian Catholic paid 100,000 gold in exchange for a Peace teatry.

The evil Danish have been sieged.

John is up to play.

Originally posted by Patient English
No news, save the deepening financial crisis mounting for the Court of King James.

Isn't that the truth. John I did not like this "Financial" crisis at first but it has grown on me. Scrambling to make that better makes the game more of a challenge and of course MORE FUN! :goodjob:

Thanks, Steve. I agree, it is a big part of the early game challenge, especially in SP where you are probably playing at level 5 or 6, and you need all your spare citizens and tax rate slider percentage for luxury production, rather than tax collection or science...

I don't like to make things too easy on my players! ;) You are all good enough at Civ by now to work out how to crack the problem, or at least keep it at bay. And of course, this was a MAJOR aspect of national diplomacy and policy-making at the time, and I wanted to re-create that.

Sure makes the Furs and Spanish Gold more important, too...

And BUMP

Top Bottom