1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonization: All MODs crash on loading

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Technical Support' started by mastalouist, Jan 31, 2012.

1. mastalouist

mastalouist Chieftain

Hello all,

I could use some help! I've been trying to get a number of mods to run in Colonization, but each ends in a CTD when I attempt to start a new game (the game runs perfectly without the mods). I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and this is the Steam copy of the game.

I tried it with version 1.0 (steam doesn't recognize that there have been any other patches, and the update checker in-game doesn't detect any updates either).

I installed Dale's no-installer 1.01f (was that it?) patch, as the "official" installer doesn't detect Colonization.

I've tried placing the mods both in the /My Games/.../Mods directory.

I've tried creating and using a Mods directory with /Steam/etc.../ install directory.

Mods tried: AoD2, Modular United Mods, Colonization 2071... and a few minor mods...

In all cases I can load the mod in-game, and can go through all the steps of creating a new map with all the mod options, but every time I try to actually create the game, I get a CTD.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks for any help,

Louist

2. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

Never heard of that problem. :dunno:

But that is probably the reason why the mods don't work.
    I guess, if you get the official Patch 1.01f installed properly, the mods will work, too.

3. mastalouist

mastalouist Chieftain

Well, from my searching about the internets I've found that it's a fairly common problem for anyone using online distributions. Which, I wager, is why Dale created the non-installer version of the patch. There's not much I can do to get the official installer to work if it absolutely refuses to acknowledge my install of the game.

Oh well :(

4. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

You can get the Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Ultimate for about 5 Euros (used) or 8 Euros (new).
    Simply get the DVD-Version and your problems should be solved. ;)

5. mastalouist

mastalouist Chieftain

I suppose that's the way it will have to be.

Thanks, Ray.

6. gaijin

gaijin Chieftain

Yeah, in my case I paid $19.99 for a legitimate download edition from a reputable online store. Can't update.

Does anyone have the link to the no-install updater? every link I find on this site or elsewhere on internet is dead. I'd be much obliged.

7. mikemike

mikemike Chieftain

windows ten, 64gigs of memory, nvidia 1080 ti card -- i have the original disk, and loading a mod crashes me to desktop just as it does the thread's author. this is only happening now, with the windows ten install.

8. M07

M07 Chieftain

@mikemike did you install the official patch ?
    If yes, try to install my mod (DoaNE) see in my signature.
    There is an installer that will install properly in the right place.
    Just try if it is working.